UFO's and Ghosts

Tony Le Mesmer

No such thing. That's not to say people haven't seen ghosts or ufos. The brain is a powerful lump of goo, look how it creates mental health issues for people, can control their lives. 

Wouldn't surprise me at all if that powerful lump of goo allows people to see/feel things that are not there but is very very real for people.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

No. I believe what I have experience of. I've never seen an alien, they've never proved they exist so until then I don't have anything to believe in. I have had experience of mediumship which stopped me doubting it and that's about all there is to say. I don't say that those who believe in stuff I don't are mind boggling do I? You may as well have just come right out with it and said I'm stupid. 

Ok your right, I actually think anyone who believes in mediumship (is that a thing?) and doesn't believe in life elsewhere in the universe is stupid, I really do. However everyone's different I guess 

3 hours ago, David said:

No such thing. That's not to say people haven't seen ghosts or ufos. The brain is a powerful lump of goo, look how it creates mental health issues for people, can control their lives. 

Wouldn't surprise me at all if that powerful lump of goo allows people to see/feel things that are not there but is very very real for people.

But I DID see Derby beat Real Madrid... I did..li did... I did.... 

3 hours ago, David said:

That's not a fact, that's your opinion and not based on much either.  On the UFO issue, i see many doubters using the same tiresome argument, there is no evidence, show me the evidence and then i will consider it.  No, they need to do their own work, that is if they are genuinely interested in investigating it, which i very much doubt actually.  i think on this issue, denial and fear go hand in hand.  Sweeping statements of mental issues is IMO an intolerably arrogant and patronizing stance. 

But the UFO doubters are tiresome for assuming they don't exist because they've never seen one, yet there are people with certain knowledge that mediumship and ghosts are factual. 

I could write my evidence but I would be too upset at being shot down about it, it's a very personal thing. 

59 minutes ago, ramit said:

That's not a fact, that's your opinion and not based on much either.  On the UFO issue, i see many doubters using the same tiresome argument, there is no evidence, show me the evidence and then i will consider it.  No, they need to do their own work, that is if they are genuinely interested in investigating it, which i very much doubt actually.  i think on this issue, denial and fear go hand in hand.  Sweeping statements of mental issues is IMO an intolerably arrogant and patronizing stance. 

There is no evidence they do exist either, it's not about denial or fear. I could say flying unicorns exist, don't believe me? You're in denial.

It's not a sweeping statement or in any way arrogant to suggest that the brain can allow people to think they saw what they saw, mental health issues exist, proven facts. 

I'm not saying people that see ufos have mental health issues, just using mental health as an example of just how powerful the brain is and it is possible that it's allowing people to see things that simply are not there.

8 minutes ago, David said:

There is no evidence they do exist either, it's not about denial or fear. I could say flying unicorns exist, don't believe me? You're in denial.

It's not a sweeping statement or in any way arrogant to suggest that the brain can allow people to think they saw what they saw, mental health issues exist, proven facts. 

There is lots of evidence new and old if you care to look for it, but you have made your mind up on an issue you have not investigated.  "No such thing" is a sweeping statement however you toss it.  i am not asking to be believed, simply that my opinion be respected without the insults and your opinion will also be respected by me, that's how it works.  Facts and opinions are not the same thing.  i really don't want to argue about this, but admit your post rubbed me the wrong way and perhaps i too was a bit too aggressive in my first reply.

Given that we live in a world awash with stories and fiction involving both ghosts and UFOS, and given that there a lot of unexplained phenomena in the natural world and that our minds are predisposed to make patterns where there are none, it's not at all surprising that stories of UFOs, ghosts and other unexplained happenings abound.  They form part of our collective culture, but isn't it interesting where UFOs are concerned, that the descriptions of the spaceships and aliens by 'eyewitnesses; have largely matched those described in popular fiction.  In the 19th century descriptions of UFO sightings often told of alien spaceships much like our own sea-going ships complete with sails.  There are much less of those particular aliens around these days it seems.

The burden of proof is on those who are making the claims that ghosts exist or UFOs are alien visitations surely.  After all 'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence' 

39 minutes ago, ramit said:

There is lots of evidence new and old if you care to look for it, but you have made your mind up on an issue you have not investigated.  "No such thing" is a sweeping statement however you toss it.  i am not asking to be believed, simply that my opinion be respected without the insults and your opinion will also be respected by me, that's how it works.  Facts and opinions are not the same thing.  i really don't want to argue about this, but admit your post rubbed me the wrong way and perhaps i too was a bit too aggressive in my first reply.

If there was conclusive evidence that they exist this question would never be raised would it?

I've not meant to insult anyone in this thread, I've only posted my opinion same as others.

Could easily flip it and say I'm insulted you're telling me that there are things flying around up there that I'm too thick to see?

I do believe there is life out there, even if it's just plants, not the green guitar pick shaped head and big eyes seen in comics. 

UFO's, unidentified objects that's all, drones, planes, helicopters, optical illusions. Open to be proven wrong if conclusive evidence is out there.

Mind you I do love it when science proves myth.

the "magic"crystals that sea ancient farers supposedly held aloft to guide them in bad weather before a compass had been invented.

100% true .... There are crystals in Scandinavia that refract none visible light and are thus able to cast a shadow without sunlight. They could get a bearing without the sun and they have found such stones in the remains of Viking ships. I don't like the over use of the word awesome ... But that fits it for me. 

I'll tell you one thing from my experience, and that was seeing this ghost, actually looking at it, having enough time to pay attention to it, noticing details about clothing - and even fine embroidery stitching- and trying to prove my eyes wrong while I did it, was a very strange feeling indeed.... imagine that for a moment please.

It really was an extraordinary thing.

Archived