Juve at the BBG

North East Ram

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, toddy said:

Dirty cheating fu&king bastarrds......Was that the after game comment ?

Said by Clough after being asked for a comment regarding the first leg. I believe that some "play acting" got Gemmil and McFarland suspended for the second leg? Oh well, as previously been mentioned a rather superb Ajax (Cruyff, Neeskins, Rep etc) awaited in the final.

Bittersweet for me also. Two weeks earlier, I had set out over-land for Turin, using my BR travel facilities. This was in late October IIRC, probably half term week, as I was soon to learn. Arriving at London Victoria rail station, I was asked for my boarding pass for the boat train to Dover: ”go to the Booking Office”. Quickly across the concourse, I was advised that the allocation had been fully taken up. But surely there were no restrictions on an October week-day I ventured? ”School holidays” came the response , ” lots of parties travelling – and no, there are NO exceptions.”

I turned and made my way back to the Underground and Derby, only to be met by one of the aforementioned school parties, in which many of the kids were wearing xxxxxxx L**ds United scarves. I then realised that I was not intended to go to Turin, and you will perhaps realise that I have one reason more than most for hating that despicable club!

Others have accurately chronicled the home leg above, which is interesting as I may well have stood next to @Stevebrummie on the half way line that night!

2 hours ago, Dordogne_Ram said:

Bittersweet for me also. Two weeks earlier, I had set out over-land for Turin, using my BR travel facilities. This was in late October IIRC, probably half term week, as I was soon to learn. Arriving at London Victoria rail station, I was asked for my boarding pass for the boat train to Dover: ”go to the Booking Office”. Quickly across the concourse, I was advised that the allocation had been fully taken up. But surely there were no restrictions on an October week-day I ventured? ”School holidays” came the response , ” lots of parties travelling – and no, there are NO exceptions.”

I turned and made my way back to the Underground and Derby, only to be met by one of the aforementioned school parties, in which many of the kids were wearing xxxxxxx L**ds United scarves. I then realised that I was not intended to go to Turin, and you will perhaps realise that I have one reason more than most for hating that despicable club!

Others have accurately chronicled the home leg above, which is interesting as I may well have stood next to @Stevebrummie on the half way line that night!

So you're the one who kept shoving me!

I've waited 43 years to get my own back!:wub:

Glad you like the Weeds as much as I do BTW.

I was there, Ley Stand, Row U, Seat 212. Juve had already done the job in the first leg and came to Derby to throw a brick wall in front of their goal. Glady's white boots experienced a very rare failure that night. Also remember that after we had made Benfica and Eusabio look so very ordinary, how high the level of confidence and expectation was.

Archived