Next 3 Games Massive

MackworthRamIsGod

Okay all games are big, but we have Leeds and Brentford at home followed by Huddersfield away.

All winnable with the Derby we all know and love, not so sure currently.

If we can get the right appointment, even Powell confirmed by Monday it'll give the new man a week (more if Powell) to shape the team into an attacking force once more.

2 wins and a draw would be nice, 5 game unbeaten run and back to around mid table.

Mel, it's over to you! 

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

If we get a good tonking from an 'udders team playing good football then that should tell us this Wagner chap could be a good coach for us.

If he hasn't been snapped up by Villa by then of course.

It will probably also tell us our poor form was F&ck all to do with Pearson..........

Just now, HantsRam said:

well that would rather depend how we did in the earlier 2 matches - 2 good home wins I'm plumping for:)

Falling well short of that (eg a draw and defeat or something) and your point will be valid.

That's what I mean everything wrong with the team has firmly been laid at the feet of Pearson, so by removing him means the performances and results will improve. :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

If we get a good tonking from an 'udders team playing good football then that should tell us this Wagner chap could be a good coach for us.

They're about the only team that came to Pride Park last season looking to outplay us, to be fair. 

They've not won a game by more than a one goal margin yet despite not really being a tight at the back nick one team, which is interesting. 

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

well that would rather depend how we did in the earlier 2 matches - 2 good home wins I'm plumping for:)

Falling well short of that (eg a draw and defeat or something) and your point will be valid.

Even if we fall short, if we look "like ourselves again" I think most would probably take it. Got to get a home win soon though. 

7 minutes ago, toddy said:

It will probably also tell us our poor form was F&ck all to do with Pearson..........

All it will tell us is that the players were in a position to win the game that they were not in before, whether that change be mentally, physically or tactically is down to everyone's own opinion, but we can see why you think it will be.

Also it could come down to match circumstances, we could have penalties against all 3, red cards for each team we play against, the other team could have 50 shots each and miss the target with all of them, and the other team could score an own goal for us to win the match. There are so many different variables to football matches that you cannot say one way or the other as to an exact reason why we win and why we lose lose. Some, myself included, will think that the tactics so far have not been to the players strengths and as such they have struggled, others, including yourself, think that the players only want to play when it suits them (which I always find bizarre, why wouldn't they want to win a match, why wouldn't they want to get promoted to the top league, why wouldn't they want to get a pay rise and bonuses?)

10 minutes ago, cannable said:

They're about the only team that came to Pride Park last season looking to outplay us, to be fair. 

They've not won a game by more than a one goal margin yet despite not really being a tight at the back nick one team, which is interesting. 

They've won at Newcassel which I suspect not many teams will do this season

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Even if we fall short, if we look "like ourselves again" I think most would probably take it. Got to get a home win soon though. 

Yes - a 3-3 draw with some good moves rather than the sort of 0-0 snore fests which have been served up this season would suggest Chris Powell would be capable of turning things round.

no doubt Keogh would be lynched tho.........;)

Please let's  see if the players performance improve and we start to win games after all the culprit has been removed.

As for players only play when it suits them, if in any doubt if that this ever happens, go and watch Chelsea pre Mourinho and post Mourinho from last season.

39 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

A few posters have mentioned Wagner. He does sound like a good manager.  however, I'm struggling to see why he would leave what he currently has, to join a club in disarray with a chairman not getting rave reviews for his patience and man management skills.

Probably best not to concern ourselves with potential top six as I fear that has well and truly departed unless of course something remarkable occurs let's just concentrate on balancing the team and squad into an attractive and solid football team with a major focus on next season which would be nice.

18 minutes ago, europia said:

A few posters have mentioned Wagner. He does sound like a good manager.  however, I'm struggling to see why he would leave what he currently has, to join a club in disarray with a chairman not getting rave reviews for his patience and man management skills.

Your so very right, some people must really be dreaming if they think Wagner would leave Huddersfield to become the latest Derby County manager right now. NOT A HOPE IN HELL

1 hour ago, toddy said:

Please let's  see if the players performance improve and we start to win games after all the culprit has been removed.

As for players only play when it suits them, if in any doubt if that this ever happens, go and watch Chelsea pre Mourinho and post Mourinho from last season.

So why did they only win 2 of their last 12 games? Didn't they not like Hiddink as well? Only won 1 of their last 5 this season, in normal time, have they had enough of Conte already?

1 hour ago, toddy said:

You seem to think the Mourinho example is some kind of gotcha. It really isn't. Mourinho was the architect of his own downfall and caused he all the problems in that Chelsea squad through his own belligerent and stubborn behaviour.