Manager Odds

Mostyn6

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Don't do that I read someone requesting a screenshot then saw this and saw Eddie 'smug' howe and nearly threw my phone at the wall.

you wouldn't want Eddie Howe? Really? I mean.... REALLY?

I think Uncle Mel made it clear at Breakfast (without pig) that Eddie would be his dream.

Does @David know you feel this way about Howe?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Why?

Personally don't think he is the right man for the job, based upon his track record at  his previous clubs and the brand of football he employed (not that I watched that much of it!), and given that he is and was part of the NP set up.  I'd rather have the other ex Derby player that's managing abroad at the moment, if we were basing it on affiliation with the club, although ideally I wouldn't go down either route. only my opinion of course :-)

17 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Personally don't think he is the right man for the job, based upon his track record at  his previous clubs and the brand of football he employed (not that I watched that much of it!), and given that he is and was part of the NP set up.  I'd rather have the other ex Derby player that's managing abroad at the moment, if we were basing it on affiliation with the club, although ideally I wouldn't go down either route. only my opinion of course :-)

Who asked you? :p

55 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Why?

I don't think he is the answer to be honest to Derby County's problems  

Nothing against him as a person just don't rate his management style. 

I want Gary Rowett always have. 

IMO he would have been a great and would be a great appointment. 

No sentiment in Football and appointing Powell is a sentimental thing in my eyes. 

Just now, Phoenix said:

Following on from that article on Powell, it would suggest that these are the odds

• Steve McClaren 7/4
  • Chris Powell 2/1
  • Steve Bruce 5/1
  • Gary Rowett 10/1
  • Alex McLeish 12/1
  • Glenn Hoddle 16/1
  • Billy Davies 16/1

Glenn Hoddle?

Billy Davies now there's a thought. 

2 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Following on from that article on Powell, it would suggest that these are the odds

• Steve McClaren 7/4
  • Chris Powell 2/1
  • Steve Bruce 5/1
  • Gary Rowett 10/1
  • Alex McLeish 12/1
  • Glenn Hoddle 16/1
  • Billy Davies 16/1

Glenn Hoddle?

Went to an after dinner do last Friday and John Barnes was guest speaker. Said Hoddle went religious crazy but is over that now and that he's the best coach in the business and in his opinion should be back as England manager.

10 minutes ago, curtains said:

I don't think he is the answer to be honest to Derby County's problems  

Nothing against him as a person just don't rate his management style. 

I want Gary Rowett always have. 

IMO .

No sentiment in Football and appointing Powell is a sentimental thing in my eyes. 

You were a firm advocate of Pearson being given a chance and yet you're writing off Powell after only 2 games in charge that have yielded 4 points from 6 in 2 away games. Why not respect Powell's right to prove the doubters wrong the same way you did Pearson's?

5 minutes ago, 86 points said:

You were a firm advocate of Pearson being given a chance and yet you're writing off Powell after only 2 games in charge that have yielded 4 points from 6 in 2 away games. Why not respect Powell's right to prove the doubters wrong the same way you did Pearson's?

I'm just giving my opinion. 

Is there any manager you wouldn't want and  isn't it about personal choice. 

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

I'm just giving my opinion. 

Is there any manager you wouldn't want isn't it about choice

Loads mate, but once their in the job I'll back them until it's clear they're not up to it. Which ironically is exactly what you advocated whilst Pearson was in charge.

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Loads mate, but once their in the job I'll back them until it's clear they're not up to it. Which ironically is exactly what you advocated whilst Pearson was in charge.

But Powell is only caretaker at the moment and I'm saying don't make him permanent manager.

I still want Derby to win though week in week out. 

Point is if we make him permanent it could all end in tears again.  

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

But Powell is only caretaker at the moment and I'm saying don't make him permanent manager.

I still want Derby to win though week in week out

We all do (well most of us, anyway!) I was just curious as to why you don't feel he's up to it, nothing more.

We all do (well most of us, anyway!) I was just curious as to why you don't feel he's up to it, nothing more.

I really like the guy but what makes you think he could do a really good job.

When he is manager he will have to upset players by leaving them out of the first 11 just as Pearson did. 

Players always want to play in the first 11. 

My worry with Powell is the fact he may not be strong enough for these players as he's Mr nice guy .

Of course I could be wrong. 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

I really like the guy but what makes you think he could do a really good job.

When he is manager he will have to upset players by leaving them out of the first 11 just as Pearson did. 

Players always want to play in the first 11. 

My worry with Powell is the fact he may not be strong enough for these players as he's Mr nice guy .

Of course I could be wrong. 

Haven't said he can do a 'really good job' only that he should be given a chance. Very different things.  Equally, I've not seen anything that would unequivocally suggest he's incapable of taking us forwards either. I'm just firmly in the 'give a man a chance' camp, rightly or wrongly.

Haven't said he can do a 'really good job' only that he should be given a chance. Very different things.  Equally, I've not seen anything that would unequivocally suggest he's incapable of taking us forwards either. I'm just firmly in the 'give a man a chance' camp, rightly or wrongly.

That's fair enough but I really think Mel and Sam have to get the next manager appointment right if Pearson goes don't you. 

There is not much wriggle room this time. 

We do not need to be looking again anytime soon for another manager do we. 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

That's fair enough but I really think Mel and Sam have to get the next manager appointment right if Pearson goes don't you. 

There is not much wriggle room this time. 

We do not need to be looking again anytime soon for another manager do we. 

Absolutely - I'd go one step further and say that the raft of changes recently have destabilised the club. I'd hoped Pearson would help steady the ship and was prepared to put up with a period of consolidation if required. It seems that whatever has happened has put paid to his chances however and so here we are again! 

I think out the vaguely realistic options I'd probably favour Wagner or Robinson but I'd be very happy if Powell took to the job and I'd not be wildly surprised if he did. There's much to like about him as a man he's clearly emotionally invested in the club. That's not the worst starting point IMO.

4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Absolutely - I'd go one step further and say that the raft of changes recently have destabilised the club. I'd hoped Pearson would help steady the ship and was prepared to put up with a period of consolidation if required. It seems that whatever has happened has put paid to his chances however and so here we are again! 

I think out the vaguely realistic options I'd probably favour Wagner or Robinson but I'd be very happy if Powell took to the job and I'd not be wildly surprised if he did. There's much to like about him as a man he's clearly emotionally invested in the club. That's not the worst starting point IMO.

M8 if he's appointed I will be backing him all the way as Derby Manager but I'm just saying he wouldn't be my first choice. 

I believe we have limited options now though as to our choice of manager due to circumstances but I could be wrong on that also. 

Who knows. 

Archived