" The Perception Of The Club From Outside Is Not Favourable"

TETRA

Just now, curtains said:

What role did Powell have prior to this situation.

Did he do any coaching of the team. 

Conceding late goals from corner is not acceptable . 

First team coach.

More than likely given his job title.

This late goal issue is short sighted hogwash. Tell me what is more acceptable, easier to fix, and is likely to glean better results in the long term;

a)Conceding a late equaliser after competing well in an away game against a side unbeaten at home.

b)Playing crap football all the time, being unable to score goals, and losing most of our games.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Without a club since his contract was terminated back in April. Not exactly a bidding war for his signature then. 

Newcastle, QPR and Italian clubs were mentioned in the press.

Not saying there was a bidding war but I would be surprised if Forest were the only, and best, club in for his signature.

3 minutes ago, Anon said:

First team coach.

More than likely given his job title.

This late goal issue is short sighted hogwash. Tell me what is more acceptable, easier to fix, and is likely to glean better results in the long term;

a)Conceding a late equaliser after competing well in an away game against a side unbeaten at home.

b)Playing crap football all the time, being unable to score goals, and losing most of our games.

Oh really it's a results game for goodness sake as well as pretty football.

Its not Ballet.

Reading lost 4-1 the previous week to Brentford. 

Cardiff are no great shakes they lost to Burton  

I for one don't care what the perception of the club is. 

People looking in will always point the finger at Mel, however I believe he has always acted in the best interests of the club. The problem Mel was going to have was keeping his distance between being a fan and a owner. I think some of the decisions hes made were from a fans perspective and not a business one which has now put us in this very difficult period. I do not blame him for this because I to was not happy with Mac / Clement and Pearson at times but on all these occasions he always backed them by spending his millions.

We will come through it because we always do and I can remember the very dark days in the early 80's, Maxwell and the three amigos!

Remember there are still over 100 points to play for so all is not lost

8 minutes ago, curtains said:

Well that is to be decided but I don't see why as people need to grow up. 

If Mel and Sam didn't want Pearson they shouldn't of hired him IMO.

We will eventually know the outcome of the investigation.

It's not a case of growing up. If he is guilty of gross misconduct then they are well within their rights to sack him. Being involved with football doesn't exempt you from employment law.

Sure we will find out the outcome but doubt the reasons will become public knowledge.

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Oh really it's a results game for goodness sake as well as pretty football.

I don't agree, but even if I accepted that argument as absolute fact you still make absolutely no sense. Look at the figures below and tell me if they fit with your "results game" ethos.

P9 W1 D3 L5 Pts6

point per game 0.66

projected total 31

2 minutes ago, Charlie G said:

I for one don't care what the perception of the club is. 

People looking in will always point the finger at Mel, however I believe he has always acted in the best interests of the club. The problem Mel was going to have was keeping his distance between being a fan and a owner. I think some of the decisions hes made were from a fans perspective and not a business one which has now put us in this very difficult period. I do not blame him for this because I to was not happy with Mac / Clement and Pearson at times but on all these occasions he always backed them by spending his millions.

We will come through it because we always do and I can remember the very dark days in the early 80's, Maxwell and the three amigos!

Remember there are still over 100 points to play for so all is not lost

But have this group of players got the bottle for the fight. 

30 minutes ago, curtains said:

We don't know that . 

So you agree that your statement of us winning against Cardiff and Pearson being suspended before the game was harsh, is presumptuous, and not actual fact, as we simply do not know.

4 minutes ago, Anon said:

I don't agree, but even if I accepted that argument as absolute fact you still make absolutely no sense. Look at the figures below and tell me if they fit with your "results game" ethos.

P9 W1 D3 L5 Pts6

point per game 0.66

projected total 31

I challenge any manager to come into a club like Derby who failed to get promoted to turn it around in 9 games. 

What was Pearsons remit do you know !

Look at Aston Villa and a brilliant manager like Di Matteo

Champions  League winner with Chelsea 

Sacked 

I challenge any manager to come into a club like Derby who failed to get promoted to turn it around in 9 games. 

Look at Aston Villa and a brilliant manager like Di Matteo

Champios League winner with Chelsea 

Sacked 

Turn it around? We finished fifth :lol:

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Is that my new phrase? You really do watch my posts too closely, beginning to think your obsessed.

I know fans are stupid enough to believe absolutely everything that hear and read but I imagine professional footballers, who are used to the garbage spouted by the media, take it with a pinch of salt.

Very interested to know who these other people are that are often seen at the training ground.

On my way to work I have to walk past a tramp that stinks of piss and booze, and asking for a smoke, I notice him not because I'm obsessed but because he is always in the same place repeating the same question, still smells and doesn't remember each time I tell him I don't smoke...so I wouldn't take it personally.

28 minutes ago, curtains said:

Forest lost to Bristol 2-1 we drew 1-1 and were undone by individual mistakes right at the end of the game .

When do the players in your eyes take any responsibility for anything. 

What has forest got to do with us? Which individual made the mistake for the Bristol City goal?

It didn't need 'turning around'. We were only 4 extra wins (I think) from automatic promotion.

Just now, curtains said:

I don't know what Pearson's exact remit was, but I can pretty much guarantee it wasn't "take this side that finished 5th and ensure they are in the relegation zone after 1/5 of the season has passed."

What do you mean by turn it around? We finished 5th. I challenge any manager to come into a club like Derby and perform worse than Pearson.

28 minutes ago, curtains said:

Nothing invalidates my argument because you are arguing the indefensible.

We have not improved as some say with Powell at the helm. 

If I was Powell I would leave as well out of principle.

On what basis?

7 minutes ago, rynny said:

So you agree that your statement of us winning against Cardiff and Pearson being suspended before the game was harsh, is presumptuous, and not actual fact, as we simply do not know.

I meant harsh as it was his chance of turning his results tally of wins around .

If he has done something that is a sackable offense  (Pearson) then he  is wrong and deserves to be suspended.

10 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

We've fallen a long way from things like this... sad.

I remember everything around that day. Everyone (Except maybe QPR,Forest and Leeds fans) wanted us to go up. We were everything that was right about football. A family friend is Brightons u18s manager and even they were rooting for us after we knocked them out. 

Since then we have become QPR. Shelling out vast sums of money on average players, and literally trying to buy promotion. For all Mels "we want to build from the youth" stance, all he has done is spend money on players that, while not good enough for promotion, have kept the youth further away from the side. 

We are in chaos and I don't see an end in sight unfortunately. Everything great about the club, everything that felt great about standing in the Brunswick before a game, has gone. 

I consider myself looking from the inside as a fan of this club, and I am not looking upon it favorably at all. I actually find Derby depressing to watch. 

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

On my way to work I have to walk past a tramp that stinks of piss and booze, and asking for a smoke, I notice him not because I'm obsessed but because he is always in the same place repeating the same question, still smells and doesn't remember each time I tell him I don't smoke...so I wouldn't take it personally.

I don't take it personally.

If you can smell the booze and piss on the tramp I would suggest you are getting a bit too close to him.

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

On what basis?

Pearson brought him in from the cold .ie not in a managers post and gave him a chance. 

In my eyes he is as responsible for our form after 9 games as is Pearson. 

Do you think they didn't discuss tactics for the Cardiff game or the Blackburn and Preston and Bristol and Villa and Newcastle and Brighton games etc

Archived