" The Perception Of The Club From Outside Is Not Favourable"

TETRA

1 minute ago, cannable said:

He was sacked for changing too much too quickly, making the team worse in the process - all this despite the squad having had £25,000,000.

Unless you're a conspiracy theorist - then he, George Burley, Chris Martin, Jason Shackell, Tudgay's wife, Savies' wife, Mel Morris' wife and Pearson's wife all took part in an orgy which only came to an end when Bucko threw teacups at them all and they were all sacked because of player power.

Which one climbed out the changing room window?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Another bug bear of mine this...how Derby is almost a dirty word in the sporting media among ex players and pundit's.

There may be several reasons for this and I can think of a few I could throw back at them as well but at the end of the day...**** 'em, WE ARE DERBY - and proud of it.

11 hours ago, DerbyMark said:

Another bug bear of mine this...how Derby is almost a dirty word in the sporting media among ex players and pundit's.

There may be several reasons for this and I can think of a few I could throw back at them as well but at the end of the day...**** 'em, WE ARE DERBY - and proud of it.

Really?

Yeah I think so, I listen to a lot of football debate on national radio/TV etc and we barely get a mention. Of course that would probably change should we finally get back in the Premier league but even then we would be constantly reminded of the 11 points fiasco until the team finally lays that particular ghost.

I reckon we'd all be grateful for that!

38 minutes ago, DerbyMark said:

Yeah I think so, I listen to a lot of football debate on national radio/TV etc and we barely get a mention. Of course that would probably change should we finally get back in the Premier league but even then we would be constantly reminded of the 11 points fiasco until the team finally lays that particular ghost.

I reckon we'd all be grateful for that!

Barely getting a mention is very different from "Derby being a dirty word in the sporting media".

I don't think we get to much or too little coverage for our position We are on Sky more than some, but less than Leeds who seem to be the Championship darlings. We have no more or less coverage in the national papers than other teams of our stature, Newcastle obviously get the most and we get a fair amount, Nixon, Percy and co cover a fair amount of Derby stories.  

There are clearly a couple of individuals like Holloway and Lilly, who have an axe to grind, but most seem fairly balanced in their opinion of us. 

Archived