Di Matteo Sacked

Van der MoodHoover

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see the dunce hat being passed over to the West Midlands. 

Im torn on wanting Bruce, his record of promotions speaks for itself but we'd have to put up with dull football and thought of having to look at that podgy, potato face week in week out fills me with dread... 

9 minutes ago, TETRA said:

At least Villa fans are now fully aware as to what their club are actually doing, & a decision has been made.

While all us very loyal Ram fans remain in total limbo as to what's going to happen at our club.

What part of 'internal investigation' confuses you?

1 hour ago, barnsley ram said:

pearson for aston villa?

Perhaps the Villa owner and Mel have been working secretly on a swap deal - Pearson found out and kicked off that he hadn't been consulted and Mel had to suspend him - expect an announcement on Di Matteo arriving any time soon :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

But how many "thorough investigations" and "internal reviews", have we done in the last 2-3 seasons. It's Mel's favourite statement to buy him time.

in Mel's defence, "internal review" is everyday business-spiel. I hear it five times a day!

I feel that Villa were suffering from the same thing we are. Low confidence, weak mentality and belief. Like us, they have a superb squad of footballers but they can't seem to finish a game off nor recover from conceding. It appears that when they are goal ahead they get the jitters and concede.

They were ahead v Huddersfield and let in an equaliser minutes from time, same again at home to Forest, Brentford and away at Barnsley - late late goals, they were ahead at half time at Brizzle then collapsed to lose 3-1 and on top of that they were even a goal up at Luton in the EFL cup before losing 3-1.

The only bright spots are a drubbing at home of Rotherham who we all know will finish bottom and a late equaliser at home to Newcastle. They did boss the first half when they played us but their confidence seemed to disappear second half having not taken their opportunities and it was 0-0.

One win in 11 against a side who will probably finish bottom 3, spent heavily also and although I like to see a manager get at least a season, it's results that matter and for a club like Villa and the start they have made I don't think Di Matteo will be surprised.

Now we have two huge clubs in Villa and Derby fighting to get in a sought after manager and there aren't many out there that are available. Interesting and very, very funny. Villa deserve it. They kept on paying AND picking Joleon Lescott without realising he actually doesn't even care about anyone but himself and money. Thoroughly deserve to be in the position they are in purely on that basis. :lol:

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I feel that Villa were suffering from the same thing we are. Low confidence, weak mentality and belief. Like us, they have a superb squad of footballers but they can't seem to finish a game off nor recover from conceding. It appears that when they are goal ahead they get the jitters and concede.

They were ahead v Huddersfield and let in an equaliser minutes from time, same again at home to Forest, Brentford and away at Barnsley - late late goals, they were ahead at half time at Brizzle then collapsed to lose 3-1 and on top of that they were even a goal up at Luton in the EFL cup before losing 3-1.

The only bright spots are a drubbing at home of Rotherham who we all know will finish bottom and a late equaliser at home to Newcastle. They did boss the first half when they played us but their confidence seemed to disappear second half having not taken their opportunities and it was 0-0.

One win in 11 against a side who will probably finish bottom 3, spent heavily also and although I like to see a manager get at least a season, it's results that matter and for a club like Villa and the start they have made I don't think Di Matteo will be surprised.

Now we have two huge clubs in Villa and Derby fighting to get in a sought after manager and there aren't many out there that are available. Interesting and very, very funny. Villa deserve it. They kept on paying AND picking Joleon Lescott without realising he actually doesn't even care about anyone but himself and money. Thoroughly deserve to be in the position they are in purely on that basis. :lol:

and of course the answer is to sack another manager no wonder they are in the proverbial maybe we will be joining them soon!

5 hours ago, Gypsy Ram said:

But how many "thorough investigations" and "internal reviews", have we done in the last 2-3 seasons. It's Mel's favourite statement to buy him time.

Allegedly

17 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

No surprises there then, dreadful form with the some 60 million spent, although their downfall was seemingly buying anyone our recruitment team identified, and we know how dreadful they are at finding talent!

remind you of another midlnds team?

Archived