Who thinks we will go on an unbeaten run.

Curtains

We have the players to beat most in this division, hopefully that win against Cardiff, can make the players believe, in themselves again, so same team as Tuesday, and say to the players if we keep winning then you shall keep the shirt, but saying all this I would take a point against Reading, but with my positive head on, as always lol, I am going for a one nil win, Vydra to score a beauty in the 80th minute. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unbeaten run ?. I think we can already write off this season & all that's going on behind closed doors will only make matters on the pitch worse the longer it goes on in my opinion. I just foresee mid table mediocrity at best by May next year.

If it turns out Pearson is to be replaced I can't see a top manager with a proven Champioship success record wanting to come with the present situation can you ?, also would we be able to afford them.

After all that has gone on this week - 4 points  - from two away games is great.

There will be a lot of tight lipped people  around -  understandably as there will be legal implications on Pearson.

Pearson is not coming back.

Appointing managers is usually based around availability. And with the FA looking closer at peoples financial transactions - its all looks a bit of a mess. Who is available (Mac, Bruce, Allardyce, McCleish - do we really want any of those?) really? 

Personally I think Chris Powell can set a championship team up as well as anyone and should be given an extended interim role - so we can take a breather and a think.

We don't want to make hasty decisions in the international break

Well done to the players as well - the end of the day - they are professional footballers - and need to get on with their job.

On to the next game then. Run stands at 2!

I hope the break is used to work on continuing to build the confidence of the players. I would like to see Christie start the next game doing the basics right and keeping it simple; he would be a much better player if, most of the time, he took less touches and crossed the ball sooner IMO. Also i'd like to see more players happy to take 'snap shots' when the chance arrives.

6 hours ago, TETRA said:

Unbeaten run ?. I think we can already write off this season & all that's going on behind closed doors will only make matters on the pitch worse the longer it goes on in my opinion. I just foresee mid table mediocrity at best by May next year.

If it turns out Pearson is to be replaced I can't see a top manager with a proven Champioship success record wanting to come with the present situation can you ?, also would we be able to afford them.

We don't need a 'top' manager or necessarily a proven manager. This is a fallacy. We just need the 'right' manager. The two former qualities help though. ;)

26 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

We don't need a 'top' manager or necessarily a proven manager. This is a fallacy. We just need the 'right' manager. The two former qualities help though. ;)

Any manager sticking around for the whole season would be nice.

51 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Any manager sticking around for the whole season would be nice.

Haha GenBr. Would be a good start I agree. :lol:

It does annoy me when the usual names are banded about (Bruce / Allardyce / McGleish - as another poster said) purely because it simply appears that there is a lack of managers available. The planet is huge. Why look to a pool of about 10 roundabout managers who leave jobs, get back on the roundabout, get another job, leave, back on the roundabout and so on?

Eddie Howe started from nothing. David Wagner (although still unproven) from nothing and from another country. Any managerial appointment is a gamble but it shows a lack of knowledge about the game IMO when chairmen  just opt for steady eddies that have been around the block a hundred times.

Allardyce got the job because the FA believed the pundits and the bookies in that there were no other suitable English managers available when in actual fact there are plenty. They just don't like taking risks nor looking beyond a set pool. Not that safety first has ever paid off for them.

I think part of Eddie Howe's success is because he is still young enough to relate to players as 'mates' perhaps and sometimes this can work well with team morale and togetherness. As opposed to a Nigel Pearson type who you feel that there is an immediate barrier between him and the players. A bit like the fast show if anyone has seen it with the landowner and that gamekeeper bloke Ted. Ted one minute is having a laugh and a joke with his friends down the pub for example or at work and the landowner walks in and immediately their behaviour changes and the atmosphere does do. It's awkward. Not natural. I believe Howe makes players feel at ease and is on their level but he also commands respect and thus it works.

Klopp too. Such an affable bloke. Will be a huge hit. The personality of a manager as a man is just as important IMO as his managerial nous. On that basis if McGleish or Allardyce got the job I would shoot myself.

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I hole heartedly agree but they'll still go from for a proven manager if possible. 

I just feel that if I was a manager of note looking in at our club right now, I'd be thinking with Derby's recent high turnover of managers do I really want to go there & would I be given enough time to change their fortunes around.

5 minutes ago, TETRA said:

I hole heartedly agree but they'll still go a proven manager if possible. 

I just fell if I was a manager of note looking in at our club right now, I'd be thinking with Derby's recent high turnover of managers do I really want to go there & would I be given enough time to change their fortunes round.

Three years pay for three months work?

It's a no-brainer.

Archived