Idiakez gone....

Gaspode

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/inigo-idiakez-has-left-derby-county-derby-telegraph-understands/story-29760010-detail/story.html

Inigo Idiakez has left Derby County, the Derby Telegraph understands.

Idiakez was brought in by manager Nigel Pearson in July as part of the coaching staff.

The Spaniard was previously a lead youth development coach at Leicester City, Pearson's former club. Pearson was suspended by Derby yesterday pending an internal investigation, which is ongoing.

Idiakez was also suspended. Idiakez was a huge favourite as a Derby player. He joined the Rams in 2004 on a free transfer from Spanish club Rayo Vallecano and scored 22 goals in 96 games.

He helped Derby to reach the play offs in 2004-05 where they lost to Preston North End and he was voted player of the year.

59 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Good. 

Purely out of interest, why is it good? Are you ITK about what's cracked off? Is it because he was part of the coaching staff (if so why didn't you add that the rest should go too)? Do you just not like him? As I said, purely out of interest. Everyone has the right to their own opinion.

I hope we realise as a club soon that bringing in ex players does no good for their status with the fans, eventually it all goes wrong and a legend becomes a figure of debate amongst fans.

Idiakez really is a bit of a legend with Derby, but now he leaves under a cloud and certain fans appear over the moon.

John Gregory, Colin Todd, Stevie Mac, Nigel Clough...4 examples of ex players/ connections to club who came back with fan fare and left with fans shouting for them to be sacked..Chrissy Powell will be hounded out next. I can only recall one manager promoted internally with any success.

It doesn't always work but going for people who have no previous connection to the club, Brian Clough, Jim Smith, Arthur cox and Billy has paid dividends in the past.

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I hope we realise as a club soon that bringing in ex players does no good for their status with the fans, eventually it all goes wrong and a legend becomes a figure of debate amongst fans.

Idiakez really is a bit of a legend with Derby, but now he leaves under a cloud and certain fans appear over the moon.

John Gregory, Colin Todd, Stevie Mac, Nigel Clough...4 examples of ex players/ connections to club who came back with fan fare and left with fans shouting for them to be sacked..Chrissy Powell will be hounded out next. I can only recall one manager promoted internally with any success.

It doesn't always work but going for people who have no previous connection to the club, Brian Clough, Jim Smith, Arthur cox and Billy has paid dividends in the past.

You don't become a legend by scoring a few free kicks.

Sad to see an old player leave the club in these circumstances but let's not go overboard.

Archived