Jacob Butterfield - Winger OR Midfielder

RamsPolls

9 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I wasn't at all impressed with him last night, sideways and backwards plus holds onto the ball too long. The one time he released vydra early with a through ball we actually look dangerous. Once Hughes went off I think a lot on the creativity did. It's all very well playing tippy tappy football but at times he looks void of ideas. Prob not helped by the lack of movement further infront of him. 

sometimes I despair 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I felt he was better in the previous three games but was still one of our top three performers last night. Losing Hughes won't have helped, they look good together. 

I do agree with those who refer to his urgency or lack of it though. Like Christie he looks far better when playing on instinct rather than thinking about things too much. 

But overall he's probably one of the last players I'd be worrying about. Much improved now central. Hope he returns to the goal scoring midfielder we saw last year. Because boy do we lack goals!

14 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

I felt he was better in the previous three games but was still one of our top three performers last night. Losing Hughes won't have helped, they look good together. 

I do agree with those who refer to his urgency or lack of it though. Like Christie he looks far better when playing on instinct rather than thinking about things too much. 

But overall he's probably one of the last players I'd be worrying about. Much improved now central. Hope he returns to the goal scoring midfielder we saw last year. Because boy do we lack goals!

Agreed.

JB & WH can be lethal in the league when they are both on their games. 

And I also agree with the lack of urgency, Like I have said previously, He doesn't seem to have the instinct passes that Hughes has but he can pass the ball very well none the less. Lets be honest as well, He only scores screamers. 

I think when NP got suspended and Powell took over, I think he was over the moon as him and Powell have a great relationship.

I believe he will be a big player for us this season.

This weekend midfield I'm going for Johnson Butterfield and young Timi. Weimann can play there (by the way he can play 8 YES 8 different positions) Reason why I mentioned young Timi is Bryson missed training due thigh injury. 

10 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

This weekend midfield I'm going for Johnson Butterfield and young Timi. Weimann can play there (by the way he can play 8 YES 8 different positions) Reason why I mentioned young Timi is Bryson missed training due thigh injury. 

Actually Timi won't be included then. Baird or Hanson to take Bryson place.. Hanson pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee. 

3 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Personally I would be dropping him for the game against Sheff Wednesday.

We need a solid midfield and his performance on Saturday against Huddersfield was poor.

He was poor. But it's the first time he has been for a fair while. Lacking options in any case with Hughes now out.

2 hours ago, steve brummie said:

If versatility is what we're lacking in a player why not let me have a go?

I'm the same in any position.

Lousy!?

That goes for most versatile players. 

"He can play anywhere" actually means "he doesn't stand out anywhere" 

Like Phil Jones. He's ok at everything but if you can't find a midfielder who's better in midfield or a defender that's better in defence then you're down to bare bones. 

Always the weakest players in any squad

49 minutes ago, Alpha said:

That goes for most versatile players. 

"He can play anywhere" actually means "he doesn't stand out anywhere

Like Phil Jones. He's ok at everything but if you can't find a midfielder who's better in midfield or a defender that's better in defence then you're down to bare bones. 

Always the weakest players in any squad

In principle yes agree re average players  - but the term 'He can play anywhere' sometimes really does mean that, Matthaus, Beckenbauer ,Moore any position in midfield or defence. Messi, Marodona, Best, Cruyff anywhere up front.

Extremes yes.

Archived