Jacob Butterfield - Winger OR Midfielder

RamsPolls

29 minutes ago, Dale The Ram said:

Does anyone else see Butterfield as the Championship equivalent of Santi Cazorla?

Short, good balance, good with both feet, can pass, can shoot.

I see where you're coming from but I'm sorry to say Butterfield fails to be able to beat a man. He can't dribble past someone or even deliver a decent corner. 

Not sure if anyone saw but on one of the first half corners we had, Butterfield got the ball from the ball boy and gestured to Ince to come and take it but Ince was insisting that Butterfield took it, butterfield refused and just dropped the ball. 

I guess he doesn't rate his set pieces. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Bang on... If we had a Martin style player up top who linked up players and held the ball up then yes. Bryson would be the man. But Vydra is not that style, he is a player who gets in behind and likes to stretch the defenders. That's why we need a talented midfielder who can pass through the eye of a needle. And when he's on his game, Butterfield is that man.

Agreed.

36 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Butterfield fails to be able to beat a man. He can't dribble past someone

did you not go to the match on Saturday? Whilst he never went outside a man on the wing, he beat his man several times carving through the middle.

On one occasion, he powered through the middle, tilted his body right and leaned left, then pulled the ball from right to left foot, taking THREE Leeds players out of the game. It was absolute class.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

did you not go to the match on Saturday? Whilst he never went outside a man on the wing, he beat his man several times carving through the middle.

On one occasion, he powered through the middle, tilted his body right and leaned left, then pulled the ball from right to left foot, taking THREE Leeds players out of the game. It was absolute class.

I didn't see that mate, 

However I do see him beat his man when passing 1 2's with players but never have I seen him dribble past someone. 

3 hours ago, Dale The Ram said:

Does anyone else see Butterfield as the Championship equivalent of Santi Cazorla?

Short, good balance, good with both feet, can pass, can shoot.

I can see a theme developing here.

We already have "the Sergio Busquets of the Championship" ((c) the Guardian) in George Thorne.

And we have "the albino Fabregas".

Who else?

Is Keogh "the drunk Sergio Ramos"?

3 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

I can see a theme developing here.

We already have "the Sergio Busquets of the Championship" ((c) the Guardian) in George Thorne.

And we have "the albino Fabregas".

Who else?

Is Keogh "the drunk Sergio Ramos"?

Vydra is 100% Suarez. Just hope he doesn't bite anyone tonight.

5 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I was impressed with Butterfield again tonight. 

Felt he ran the game in the first half and did some good passes in the 2nd. 

He definitely plays better with Hughes next to him though. Them 2 just thrive off eachother.

I wasn't at all impressed with him last night, sideways and backwards plus holds onto the ball too long. The one time he released vydra early with a through ball we actually look dangerous. Once Hughes went off I think a lot on the creativity did. It's all very well playing tippy tappy football but at times he looks void of ideas. Prob not helped by the lack of movement further infront of him. 

Archived