4-3-3 Is Back -- Enjoy it!

Donny Ram

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too busy to post & was reluctant to spread rumours and hysteria before the news came out. But I had been told we trained 4-3-3 on Monday & the implication was that we were planning to play that formation regardless of the developing situation. Though Monday's training was taken by Idiakez and Powell which was something that made me wonder what else was going on.

Even though Ramage on Radio Derby doubted Powell's post-match comment that we were always planning on 4-3-3, it was the case.

Yes, Bryson was injured and not in contention for the game. Bradley took the defensive role in the midfield three. Sunday was the players' day off but I was told they'd come in to Moor Farm anyway. That makes you wonder what's going on, though on Radio Derby after the game Chris Powell said it was encouraged.

Can't say anything about the suspension. Feel it's a shame Pearson wasn't officially in charge of a 4-3-3 win as I feel that could have made a big difference to everything.

No idea what happens next but thank goodness we scored (2 goals!) and won.

6 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think it was the absence of a certain disruptive dressing room presence.

If that's the reaction to him being sent home, I think his next stop is probably Stornoway, then St Kilder and perhaps coming to rest on Rockall.

At least give him a chair.

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

..............................Can't say anything about the suspension. Feel it's a shame Pearson wasn't officially in charge of a 4-3-3 win as I feel that could have made a big difference to everything...................

Interested why you think that?

I thought the club made it clear that the suspension was for "non-footballing reasons"

I have just been watching the Klopp/Carragher Monday Night Football analysis. Carragher asked Klopp if he had a set idea of what formation to play then impose it on a new club. Klopp replied that he would have course play in a way that suits the existing players and develop from that base. 

39 minutes ago, sage said:

I have just been watching the Klopp/Carragher Monday Night Football analysis. Carragher asked Klopp if he had a set idea of what formation to play then impose it on a new club. Klopp replied that he would have course play in a way that suits the existing players and develop from that base. 

That's what the best managers do, they tinker, not trash when going into a club.

Can anyone comment how it worked with Vydra linking play on his own as apposed to Martin, will it work with him as the fulcrum in the long run???

2 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

That's what the best managers do, they tinker, not trash when going into a club.

Can anyone comment how it worked with Vydra linking play on his own as apposed to Martin, will it work with him as the fulcrum in the long run???

Didn't see the game but according to WhoScored he only made 14 passes whereas Martin was making 40+.

Perhaps with Butters AND Hughes in midfield though we won't need that forward pivot as much.

26 minutes ago, cannable said:

Didn't see the game but according to WhoScored he only made 14 passes whereas Martin was making 40+.

Perhaps with Butters AND Hughes in midfield though we won't need that forward pivot as much.

let's hope then that Gentleman Chris or whoever comes in adapts the formation to suit then...

5 hours ago, cannable said:

Although I'd like Vydra to get on the ball more than last night, his hard work and running behind perhaps perhaps removes the need for one of the midfielders to break beyond the front line and allow us to play two playmakers in Butterfield and Hughes. Also it's possible a striker like Vydra allows Ince to float into that pocket of space in front of the back 4 more readily and provide that link up option.

Archived