Ryder Cup - 2016 - Hazeltine

Mostyn6

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I think it will be wider than that. I think the Europeans can now play on US turf with no problems.

I wouldn't be so confident, this is a very strong US team and there are a lot of rookies on the European team. USA really aching for the win, on home soil.  However you are right, the Europeans are now totally familiar with playing in America and they are used to looking second best on paper.  50/50 for me. 

4 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Think we'll get a bit of a tonking. The USA team is the strongest for years whilst the European side is as weak as it's been for the last 20 years.

bookmarked

15 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

you think he's just saying what we all think? hahaha :lol: 

I'd love to ram their "Way to go, you de man" tripe down their throats. It always makes me chuckle when someone's teeing off on a 575 yard par 5 and some fat bloke called Bubba shouts "In the hole"

I think I heard that going into this one. The Europeans had 12 tour wins in their side to the Americans 8 this year.

However this doesn't count for anything in the Ryder cup.

It is like no other tournament in golf. Hopefully our rookies will enjoy the noise, passion and feed off it otherwise it could be a tonking.

The USA are very strong in depth if you go on paper but there is no reason we can't do the business.

Day one is so important, get a good start and get the Americans wondering "Here we go again".

Like us four years ago and Seve, they do have the feeling and belief that  Arnold Palmer will be their 13th man out on the green.

11 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

tasty. 

Hang on, BST? what's that? same as GMT?

Nope. Not until after the last weekend in October, anyway when we revert back to GMT for 5 months.

This year marks the 100th anniversary of 'British Summer Time'.

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

Nope. Not until after the last weekend in October, anyway when we revert back to GMT for 5 months.

This year marks the 100th anniversary of 'British Summer Time'.

in either case, that annoys me. I will miss the start. Ironically, I have golf tuition this afternoon!

Archived