Players or Manager

ram1964

Just now, satty atwal said:

I have a degree you know.... let me guess you have 5 of them? Boooooo you 

No, I don't have a degree at all. I left school at 18 and went into research.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, satty atwal said:

Sure you said your 70 odd.... deaf and something else.... if true back in those days ya left school at 10 didnt ya? :ph34r:

64 next birthday, deaf and that's about it (a few minor issues like an artificial hip and other boring stuff but no big deal). I could have left school at 15 or 16 but stayed on to take my O Levels and A Levels, then went into industry. Strangely enough, I didn't have to climb up chimneys or un-jam looms in my first job.

9 minutes ago, eddie said:

64 next birthday, deaf and that's about it (a few minor issues like an artificial hip and other boring stuff but no big deal). I could have left school at 15 or 16 but stayed on to take my O Levels and A Levels, then went into industry. Strangely enough, I didn't have to climb up chimneys or un-jam looms in my first job.

I like the idea of being a "knocker-upperer". In the days before alarm clocks, a man used to walk the streets with a massive stick and bash on windows to wake people up for work! 

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I like the idea of being a "knocker-upperer". In the days before alarm clocks, a man used to walk the streets with a massive stick and bash on windows to wake people up for work! 

I would have liked to have been a knocker-upper's knocker upper. Just to to wake one bloke up and the rest of the day is yours. 

Players or Manager? Neither. I blame the 'marine' training kit that is the same colour as the 3rd kit.

The second I saw NP etc wearing it as the official training kit I thought how are they going to command respect in that insipid colour. He should do a Sir Alex with the infamous grey kit blamed for Man U's poor form in 1996, with every match won after it was banned for the rest of the season.

5 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Pearson: "We should be playing with more drive and commitment" -

@BBCDerby

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p048xk83

That should come with a health warning. 

Warning this recording may cause depression and could make the listener suicidal.

Thank God there is no tall buildings near me I might have jumped off one. 

If his team talks are anything like that I hope they take the players bootlaces away from them afterwards.

11 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

Players or Manager? Neither. I blame the 'marine' training kit that is the same colour as the 3rd kit.

The second I saw NP etc wearing it as the official training kit I thought how are they going to command respect in that insipid colour. He should do a Sir Alex with the infamous grey kit blamed for Man U's poor form in 1996, with every match won after it was banned for the rest of the season.

Awful isn't it ?

2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Ok, well I'll be the one to give a straight answer to a straight question.

The players.

Once Pearson has a chance to clear out those he needs to and get those he wants in we'll be ok.

Well there will be no more ins and outs before January. Dread to think where we will be by then.

What have you seen to back up your view that we will be ok?

33 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well there will be no more ins and outs before January. Dread to think where we will be by then.

What have you seen to back up your view that we will be ok?

Only too many half-hearted players or ones who I'm afraid have had their time at Derby and need a fresh challenge. When I said things will be ok I meant when we get some in who want to play for us. It's a big overhaul though I fear.

14 minutes ago, Ramshankered said:

Anyone remember when Mac started here, he was asked why it didn't work for him at Forest? He answered that he tried to change too much in too short a space of time. Can't help but think Pearson's fallen into the same trap.

Imagine trying to turn a Billy Davies side into our Wembley side in the space of a summer.

Makes total sense now why he says he's worried about us because we're trying to change style of play.

It may indeed be a big overhaul but what I'd like to know is, was this discussed at Pearson's interview ? Was he given Carte Blanche to try this ? Or did he agree to the conditions and thought well you can poke that, it's my way or the highway ?

If it's the former, I believe a statement from up on high should have been issued to inform us of the new direction because I, possibly mistakenly, was under the impression any new coach/manager had to follow a blueprint set down by the board, ie to stick to the principles laid down in the aforementioned blueprint.

Then if it transpires Pearson was given permission to do what he wants, give him enough rope, if he's deviated from what was agreed, he's got to be down the road. (for me)

3 hours ago, Ramchop said:

Don't need to use who scored. BBC gives possession stats. 

Works as well, but shows a much more accurate picture of just how much we outworked. 

Plus we all saw it with our own eyes. Don't tell me "I can't pull the wool over fans eyes" Nigel, that's exactly what you're trying to do, I saw us out work them with my own eyes. 

20 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

If that is the case you have to ask:

1. Why don't they want to be there? Is that due to the managers methods, or are they simply bad eggs?

This is the question that many folks would like an answer to. Probably the same reason they didn't at times seem to want to be there under Clement, and certainly didn't want to be there playing at home to Hull under Wassall...

Archived