Dogs

scarboroughwa

37 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Thanks for brightening up my Saturday:lol:.

One of mine is now the size of a small horse (55kg) and still got a little bit to go.

Costs me 40 quid a month to feed her and  a 45 kg GSD on top quality grub,a bargain for what they give back.

Is that when they are not trying to pinch your Chinese off the plate? :lol:

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting out first dog as a family next year I've had dogs previously but this will be our first as a family. We're after a springer spaniel bitch puppy hopefully of working breed instead of show. If anyone can point me in the right direction of a reputable breeder it would be much appreciated.

3 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Thanks for brightening up my Saturday:lol:.

One of mine is now the size of a small horse (55kg) and still got a little bit to go.

Costs me 40 quid a month to feed her and  a 45 kg GSD on top quality grub,a bargain for what they give back.

Sorry about that. I'm seeking a dog out at the moment, and the amount on offer with people giving up their family member for the pissiest of reasons has got me seething.

Message to self; don't get on the keyboard when you're emotional.

2 minutes ago, scarboroughwa said:

Sorry about that. I'm seeking a dog out at the moment, and the amount on offer with people giving up their family member for the pissiest of reasons has got me seething.

Message to self; don't get on the keyboard when you're emotional.

Not at all mate,it's cool.

I completely get where you're coming from.

Sometimes you have to call a c***  a c*** ?

TobyWanKenobi
29 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Cats, Dogs, both just shitting machines. Why does anyone want/ have one?

The owners just get their dogs to s**** outside someone else's garden gate so its not their problem, or at least they do in Belper. Filthy b*******.

A friend of mine has two lovely dogs whom I quite often walk with her. Both are ex street dogs from Taiwan housed by my mate who was there for years teaching English. One is a setter of some sort ( a mongrel, I think, not a cross) and was being used as a guard dog. In Taiwan, such dogs are most often never off their neck chains or ropes and have miserable lives as a result. My friend's chewed through his rope and bolted, only to be hit by a lorry. My friend found the dog on the side of the road and took him to a veterinary surgeon where it was decided that one of the dog's legs could not be saved. Post-op it soon became clear that the dog was severely depressed. He would not move or attempt to stand and only ate up periodically. He was basically wasting away. The introduction of a new friend, however, a large grey rabbit, brought about a sudden improvement in our three-legged friend and suddenly there was a chink of light ahead.

Fast-forward a couple of years and said dog is now over here and complete with a very natty prosthetic for his remaining rear leg (it slightly lengthens the leg which apparently benefits a three-legged running motion!!!) he's living life to the full. He actually thinks he the nuts because, of course, everyone makes a fuss of him. He hurtles around our local at flat out pace, stopping to make a fuss of anyone he meets before off he hares again. When I watch him, I sometimes wonder what goes through his head. It looks joyous, whatever it is. Sometimes I think he just runs because he can. He's 8 now, so not a pup by any stretch, but you'd never know it just watching him. It's as if because he had to learn to run a second time, now that he has, he's never going to stop. He pretty encompasses most of what I love about dogs. They look for joy in others but can draw strength from themselves, they're grateful and loyal to a fault and they draw so much joy from even a most simple of lives. Shame us humans are not more like them, really. 

Anyway, the name of this dog is something unpronounceable in Cantonese dialect I believe, but my friend informs me it translates quite simply as, 'Plucky'.  A more apt name for him you'd struggle to find.

*I'll snap a pic of him next time I walk him and pop it up here when I do.

19 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Cats, Dogs, both just shitting machines. Why does anyone want/ have one?

Totally agree.

Cats. The next door neighbours have 4 (four) who spend their lives crapping in my garden. They try and hide under shrubs, thinking I don't know they're there, until I give them a good whacking with a long cane (The cats, not the neighbours)

Dogs. As reported earlier, there's one that barks incessently from every morning from about 6.30 for at least 2 hours, and at other times randomly during the day. Also, out walking yesterday, I was suddenly aware of something firmly attached to my trouser leg. Yes, one of those lovable doggie things with fangs. Fortunately it was on a lead, and the seedy bloke allegedly in charge of it pulled it back mumbling 'Sorry mate'. I think that's what he said cos he'd got a fag on.

When I rule the world, I'll do what St. Patrick did for Ireland with snakes.

You have been warned.

• 1 month later...

Archived