Dogs

scarboroughwa

On 09/10/2016 at 21:58, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Cats are the future. Cats are a million miles more fun than dogs. :)

Should start a cat thread. :ph34r:

Cats are so Marmite.... I don't hate cats but they annoy me, I don't like them using my garden as a toilet. I think cats should wear bells on their collars due to their predatory nature too.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Cats are so Marmite.... I don't hate cats but they annoy me, I don't like them using my garden as a toilet. I think cats should wear bells on their collars due to their predatory nature too.

Quite right, I'm tired of opening my paper to read of yet another cat mauling a small child to death.

It's time they started enforcing the dangerous cats act, how many more asthma attacks does it take?

12 hours ago, Ewetube said:

I've awoken from my slumber today to find one of my dogs has been on the kitchen worktop and raided the fruit bowl.

There was a kiwi fruit on the floor with teeth marks on it, a plum in a similar condition, half a pear, a bit of apple peel and half a banana and the peel from 2 others still attached together as a bunch!

I asked them which one was responsible in a stern voice and got a butter wouldn't melt look from both of them. I suspect the culprit may be Bella as she is the one who likes fruit. :D

Or perhaps Bella was set up? varios piecs of fruit scattered around the floor?

Sounds suspect to me.

14 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Quite right, I'm tired of opening my paper to read of yet another cat mauling a small child to death.

It's time they started enforcing the dangerous cats act, how many more asthma attacks does it take?

It wasnt a cat mauling a small child to death i was considering, more along the lines of wildlife or another pet, having seen a cat attack my pet rabbit in the past, and also how they react if they hear a cat with a bell on i just dont see why its such a hardship for cat owners to take some responsibility.

29 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

It wasnt a cat mauling a small child to death i was considering, more along the lines of wildlife or another pet, having seen a cat attack my pet rabbit in the past, and also how they react if they hear a cat with a bell on i just dont see why its such a hardship for cat owners to take some responsibility.

I wasn't serious, more terrible news today on the subject of dogs.

I always blame the owners, no such thing as a dangerous dog.

Bells on cats doesn't always make a difference, I had one on mine that used to bring pigeons into the house......live ones. 

Animals/wildlife are somewhere on the food chain even cats, theres a Chinese round here and if your cat strays over their fence it ends up as a number 39.

All cats are different as well, so don't group them all into these evil predatory garden shitters. My old cat that the ex pinched would jump in the rabbit pen and curl up to sleep next to her was the pigeon catcher.

One of my cats I have now sleeps next to the Jack Russell and that is supposed to be a huge no no, used to jump in the bath, cats hate water and never brought any animal into the house.

All have their own traits and personalities, same as dogs.

On 10/10/2016 at 08:50, Mostyn6 said:

handsome boy, what's his name?

I'm envious of you. What's he like home alone?

Alone- he's a saint. I don't need to keep him enclosed or anything and he'll just nap for hours. Same goes for nights once I've gone to bed, you won't hear a sound from him. 

When I'm home/downstairs, but busy with various to-dos- now that's the worst! He basically won't let you sit down for a second and remains in mischief mode until he's been walked/fed.

Personally I don't mind this and it  helps me get out the door faster. For example if he wasn't around, and if I'd been having a particularly down week, I find it too easy to get home, sit down, and do nothing for the rest of the evening. Even if I make plans to meet up with friends later or go workout, it's too easy for me to cancel plans and think "nah too tired, maybe next week". And then that creates a vicious cycle difficult to break out of (too tired to exercise > no exercise > feel worse mentally > too tired to exercise). 

With him, if I get home and try to put my feet up for more than a half-hour, he'll immediately start causing all sorts of trouble!  :D

On 10/13/2016 at 19:18, Paul71 said:

Can't stand cats.  How can you enjoy the company of a creature that shows affection for you bit digging it's claws into your skin causing you pain???  Plus they look at you like they're thinking to themselves "I could easily slit your throat while you're asleep..."  Untrustworthy little creatures!!!

56 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Can't stand cats.  How can you enjoy the company of a creature that shows affection for you bit digging it's claws into your skin causing you pain???  Plus they look at you like they're thinking to themselves "I could easily slit your throat while you're asleep..."  Untrustworthy little creatures!!!

I accept they are really quite parasitic but they're fluffy. That's all that matters.

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

I don't like the sound of that .Feel free to elaborate or not....what's happened?

I losy my little mate a few months ago despite him getting all the medical help, and surgery that he could get.

That and these people who get dogs for christmas and then don't give a **** with them ending up at the RSPCA, or worse, this time of year.

Off the the kennels I go.

Sith Happens
6 hours ago, scarboroughwa said:

I losy my little mate a few months ago despite him getting all the medical help, and surgery that he could get.

That and these people who get dogs for christmas and then don't give a **** with them ending up at the RSPCA, or worse, this time of year.

Off the the kennels I go.

Good on you, wish i could but allergies and working are not condusive with keeping dogs.

People who abandon pets over christmas, or any time, are proper scum bags...there are always some genuine reasons people cannot continue to look after an animal, aslong as they handle it right then fine, but around christmas especially its either because they are bored of it after a few days, or they want to get rid and replace it with a shiny new fluffy one for christmas.

There was an article i read where it says its social media and celebrities to blame because they often have dogs and then people want to follow suit, absolute rubbish...the only people to blame are those that buy then cant be arsed and turf them out simple fact, it seems like we are always trying to find excuses for people not taking responsibility for their own actions.

I personally think you should have to pay some sort of registration fee for buying pets, like a licence i guess, i'd make this about £250 for a dog, yeah its a lot of money but a dog is a huge investment with, anyone serious about keeping one surely wouldnt object to paying it.

Lots of times unwanted pets are because some idiot has bought one for someone as a present not even knowing if they want it or can even look after it.

Pets as presents are frowned upon but so long as the recipient of said pet is fully aware of what they are getting before they get it and are happy then I've not a problem with that. All the giver is doing is paying for it.

Buy a pet as a present for someone who is blissfully unaware of this lovely alive gift and then not being prepared to look after it yourself when the person you are buying it for doesn't want it then I feel you may have missed out educationally at school.

Archived