Beer Thread

Cisse

10 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

I had a look for it at my tesco this morning but the shelves were bare on almost all craft beers. 

Has to settle for Clockwork orange and some old school Hoegaarden. 

The vocation cherry stout was 'reduced to clear' at £4.75.  A whole 25p off the price last week ?

Buy 19, get one free. Seems reasonable.

I allow myself one can per week. It is very moreish.

Edited by Eddie

43 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Buy 19, get one free. Seems reasonable.

I allow myself one can per week. It is very moreish.

?, well calculated. 

I'm holding out for it to go to £4, then I'll swoop.....

One a week? I'm not sure I have that self control. 

2 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

?, well calculated. 

I'm holding out for it to go to £4, then I'll swoop.....

One a week? I'm not sure I have that self control. 

I have a few alternatives...

I notice that they are £5 directly from the brewery, with free delivery for orders over £35, so I might get a dozen in next week.

https://www.wildbeerco.com/item/807/VeganBeers/Ninkasi-Rose.html

Brewed to celebrate the unique summer of 2021, Ninkasi Rose is zingy, fruity & deliciously moreish, with fine bubbles and a long dry finish. Featuring local Somerset apple juice, tasty tart gooseberries, and an elegant hint of raspberry, this beer was designed to be enjoyed in a champagne flute in the sun.

Available in Sainsbury's, £9.50 a pop though

wild-beer-co-ninkasi-rose-1622714374Nink

15 minutes ago, Eddie said:

£7.50 at Waitrose.

I haven't tried it

It's an ever so slightly different version  as the Waitrose one doesn't have the gooseberry/raspberry notes.

https://www.wildbeerco.com/item/229/Bestsellers/Ninkasi.html is the one in Waitrose,.the original version 

Just drank it, it's difficult to describe it as a beer as it has a lot more in common with a prosecco! I enjoyed most of it, but by the end of a whole bottle to myself it had lost its impact somewhat - you can see why it's marketed as it is.

Worth a one off purchase perhaps, but if I hadn't already bought a second, I probably wouldn't especially when you can get 2 TKs for almost the same.price.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Tesco world food isle. Brewed in Jamaica, yer man!19EDB748-0A8F-437F-AE26-1E242BD3AD7C.thumb.jpeg.2a64734202527676535a4d184a2ef4d9.jpeg

they also had 4 bottles of Guinness export, brewed in Nigeria, 7.5%?

They love strong stout in the Caribbean and West Africa. Last time I was in Jamaica, the bloke burning a Trojan box set for me, gave me a Export Guinness and a herbal cigarette while i waited. 

On 20/09/2021 at 22:09, Ramslad1992 said:

Off to NFL in a couple of weeks and they have a beavertown brewery at Spurs’ ground… the 4 packs are on clubcard price at Tesco for £6.50. 

the gamma-ray is very nice ?

All the Beavertown brews are less than £5 a pint once inside the stadium, which is cheaper than the pubs outside.

On 20/09/2021 at 22:09, Ramslad1992 said:

Off to NFL in a couple of weeks and they have a beavertown brewery at Spurs’ ground… the 4 packs are on clubcard price at Tesco for £6.50. 

the gamma-ray is very nice ?

Hope they serve longer than they did when we went to Twickenham to watch the NFL a couple of years ago (Bears v Raiders if I recall) - they stopped serving end of the third quarter, whilst we were in the queue. When we expressed surprise we were told it's NFL rules!