Beer Thread

Cisse

36 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Definitely felt like the right evening for a Tripel K

Something to help me through the tedium of watching England.

We shared a bottle of Karmeleit at beer o'clock this afternoon. Then we shared a bottle of King Goblin. Then I flew solo on a bottle of Straffe Wild.

Watching England cricket drove me to that - utterly tedious. It seems to be our national sporting trait at the moment.

6 hours ago, Bearwood Ram said:

Oakham Citra. The Midland, Bearwood. Footy on box an all. Bostin. 

162359190125780717257195777001.jpg

Have they changed the strength of this?  had one the other day.

6 hours ago, Eddie said:

Beerbohm?

Bier Huis Grand Cafe, St. Ives.

Had rather a lot of the beers I've seen you post on this thread on their menu. Unfortunately we went on the day I had to drive back, so one beer was my allowance.

1 hour ago, JoetheRam said:

Bier Huis Grand Cafe, St. Ives.

Had rather a lot of the beers I've seen you post on this thread on their menu. Unfortunately we went on the day I had to drive back, so one beer was my allowance.

We're in Cornwall next month, so I might check it out. One bus and two trains from Mevagissey - totally worth it.

On the other hand, St Austell brewery are producing Bad Habit and Cardinal Syn (two excellent Belgian-inspired brews) again, so we might just stay there and get pickled each day.

I've developed a bad habit...

1346564790_badhabit.thumb.jpg.df62b5a3ab1e7f873b0819d080a78db2.jpg

ok, I haven't, but St Austell Brewery have.

I have just had delivered a selection of their Belgian-inspired brews containing:

• 3 x Sayzon - this beer was available in Tesco in the before-times, and is a wonderfully crisp 'summer beer' reminiscent of Saison Dupont or a fine German Maibock
  • 3 x Bad Habit (pictured) - an absolutely fantastic Belgian-inspired tripel, really peppery and full of clove-like flavours from the yeast
  • 3  x Cardinal Syn - a Dubbel which reminded me very much of Westmalle Dubbel when I first tried it a couple of years ago
  • 3 x Divine Inspiration - a monstrous Quadrupel which tips the scales at a coma-inducing 13% abv - the latest issue from their fabulous 'small batch brews'.

There are just 73 of these packs left (£55 each) if anyone is interested. The price includes delivery.

https://www.staustellbreweryshop.co.uk/p/belgian-quad-set/

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

I've developed a bad habit...

1346564790_badhabit.thumb.jpg.df62b5a3ab1e7f873b0819d080a78db2.jpg

ok, I haven't, but St Austell Brewery have.

I have just had delivered a selection of their Belgian-inspired brews containing:

• 3 x Sayzon - this beer was available in Tesco in the before-times, and is a wonderfully crisp 'summer beer' reminiscent of Saison Dupont or a fine German Maibock
  • 3 x Bad Habit (pictured) - an absolutely fantastic Belgian-inspired tripel, really peppery and full of clove-like flavours from the yeast
  • 3  x Cardinal Syn - a Dubbel which reminded me very much of Westmalle Dubbel when I first tried it a couple of years ago
  • 3 x Divine Inspiration - a monstrous Quadrupel which tips the scales at a coma-inducing 13% abv - the latest issue from their fabulous 'small batch brews'.

There are just 73 of these packs left (£55 each) if anyone is interested. The price includes delivery.

https://www.staustellbreweryshop.co.uk/p/belgian-quad-set/

WRONG

There are 72.

Cheers.