Beer Thread

Cisse

Just done some research on the new post-Brexit prices on beer shipped direct now that Belgian-brewed have sorted their registration, paperwork and shipping detains with the couriers and HMRC.

The order I put in a couple of months ago (you know, the one responsible for risking the lives of everyone in the UK - yes, THAT one) cost £120 in December. It will now cost almost £160 (I ran it right through to the step before payment).

Looks like I need a 'cost of living' increase from my boss.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, abertawe_ram said:

Any fans of Theakstons Old Peculier? A classic. Haven't had it for quite a while but it's part of the 3 for £5 in my local One Stop so I've picked up a trio

It's an excellent tipple. I had one on my Tesco order last week. I may open it later, after this one I'm currently drinking...489770108_rochefort10.thumb.jpg.e8b2d581bed658473583abdfa56244bb.jpg

Whilst it was never particularly a 'good' beer (it was OK possibly a 6/10 but something slightly different) on the very rare occasion I went to Morrison's I'd to pick up a bottle of 'King Cobra' - developed/brewed at Rodenbach brewery, 7.5% double fermented lager.

Popped one in my online basket the other day, without reading the details, received it last night... it's now 5.2% (so not even a small drop / alteration)  and 50p more than it used to be. Scandalous! Thanks Molson Coors!

Edited by Coconut

5 hours ago, abertawe_ram said:

What do the beer-lovers have lined up for tonight? No delivery at home this week for me as I have been trying to cut back to every couple of weeks instead.

I've got a German theme to my bottles though, Erdinger Dunkel and Jever Pils (part of my last order from The Alex) are ready to go when work is over ???

I've got mesen some of these for the game.(pineapple milkshake ipa) Had one the other day and really enjoyed it. Best thing is I'd not even realised it had a Ram on it until I'd cracked the first one open. ?

20210224_165955.thumb.jpg.9f889b084e303b6ca52e7e6b8dc109d2.jpg

Edited by Steve How Hard?

4 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I've got mesen some of these for the game.(pineapple milkshake ipa) Had one the other day and really enjoyed it. Best thing is I'd not even realised it had a Ram on it until I'd cracked the first one open. ?

20210224_165955.thumb.jpg.9f889b084e303b6ca52e7e6b8dc109d2.jpg

Awesome can design and I do love the Black Sheep beers I've tried, but pineapple flavour in beer sounds a little odd to me! Is it a strong pineapple flavour?

8 minutes ago, abertawe_ram said:

Awesome can design and I do love the Black Sheep beers I've tried, but pineapple flavour in beer sounds a little odd to me! Is it a strong pineapple flavour?

It's no different in strength of flavour to the grapefruit/orange ones out there. It's a bit like a pina  colada beer to me. Having said that I'm no connoisseur. I'm sure some of the resident experts on here could describe it better than me.

Edited by Steve How Hard?

On 26/02/2021 at 12:00, abertawe_ram said:

What do the beer-lovers have lined up for tonight? No delivery at home this week for me as I have been trying to cut back to every couple of weeks instead.

I've got a German theme to my bottles though, Erdinger Dunkel and Jever Pils (part of my last order from The Alex) are ready to go when work is over ???

Tonight, I'm drinking a Tynt Meadow, an Erdinger Weissbier and a Boon Kriek, so a bit of a mixed bag.

Not beer related, but it is drink related!

Anybody had anything from White Peak Distillery before? Despite considering myself a local to it I’ve only found out it exists a few weeks back. Had some interesting looking rum on their site but it’s now gone sadly, some nice looking gins though and whiskey later on in the year.

https://www.whitepeakdistillery.co.uk/

Edited by TuffLuff

On 01/03/2021 at 19:42, TuffLuff said:

Not beer related, but it is drink related!

Anybody had anything from White Peak Distillery before? Despite considering myself a local to it I’ve only found out it exists a few weeks back. Had some interesting looking rum on their site but it’s now gone sadly, some nice looking gins though and whiskey later on in the year.

https://www.whitepeakdistillery.co.uk/

Same as you I've been intrigued by it but haven't tried any of the products yet. Must have driven past it 1000s of times and never realised it was there!