Beer Thread

Cisse

Just had 2 orders arrive - 48 beers from Munich (basically a load of Hells and Kellerbiers for the Memsahib and a few different donkers/doppelbocks for me) plus my third order from De Halve Maan, Brugge. They've just released Heritage 2019, so I had to get a presentation box of those. And another 3 x 75 cl Straffe Tripels, 3 x 75 cl Straffe Quads and 24 x 33 cl Straffe Wilds to keep them company on the journey over.

6 hours ago, sage said:

I will be having my first beer for 16 weeks on Christmas Eve. 

Not sure what to have. Tripel Karmaleit, Rochefort 10 or Westvleteren 12.

If it’s your first one in 16 weeks, best to drink any of those three at a steady pace.

You don’t want to get all giggly and girly.

On 17/12/2020 at 00:11, sage said:

Angels in Belper are selling Plum Porter Grand Reserve in 2 pint containers to takeaway on Xmas Eve.

So thats that sorted 

On 17/12/2020 at 00:11, sage said:

I know that Tripel Karmeleit is relatively common now, but it is still utterly wonderful. Sue and I shared a bottle earlier today, while watching day 3 of Australia v India.

On 16/12/2020 at 15:53, Eddie said:

Just had 2 orders arrive - 48 beers from Munich (basically a load of Hells and Kellerbiers for the Memsahib and a few different donkers/doppelbocks for me) plus my third order from De Halve Maan, Brugge. They've just released Heritage 2019, so I had to get a presentation box of those. And another 3 x 75 cl Straffe Tripels, 3 x 75 cl Straffe Quads and 24 x 33 cl Straffe Wilds to keep them company on the journey over.

Where'd you order from?

Big fan of a dunkel personally

On 21/12/2020 at 12:08, Taribo said:

Where'd you order from?

Big fan of a dunkel personally

web-bier.de

At the moment (from last week), they have suspended shipments to the UK (with the exception of Northern Ireland), because nobody knows (still) whether there will be duty implications with respect to the 'B' word.

http://www.web-bier.de/shop/

Edited by Eddie

On 21/12/2020 at 12:11, Taribo said:

Only just discovered this thread and it's already got me giddy planning a trip to Cotteridge Wines down in Stirchley (Brum). Looks like a typical offy, it's anything but

In the before-times, we used to visit Maison du Biere (now boringly known as 'House of Beer') in Ashbourne each week. A really good selection of bottles, a dozen draught beers and pork pies nearly as good as the ones I make.

Just done some calculation - if I import 24 bottles of Belgian beer at 9% abv, I will have to pay HMRC almost £18 in duty - and that's before the increase in shipping costs etc which will be loaded on to pay for the additional administration and paperwork.

Thanks, B-worders.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Just done some calculation - if I import 24 bottles of Belgian beer at 9% abv, I will have to pay HMRC almost £18 in duty - and that's before the increase in shipping costs etc which will be loaded on to pay for the additional administration and paperwork.

Thanks, B-worders.

They have no idea Eddie, try running a business where 95% of your raw materials are imported direct from Germany.

Never mind at least they can look forward to being served by a Somalian (instead of a Pole), next time they go into Wetherspoons.