Beer Thread

Cisse

12 hours ago, Eddie said:

Good man.

Incidentally, I mentioned my favourite brewery earlier - De Halve Maan, in Bruges.

They also do mail order, and a couple of weeks ago, I acquired 12 x Straffe Hendrik Tripel 75 cl and 12 x Straffe Quad 75 cl. Total cost, including shipping to the UK, was just €128 (oh, including a new lapel badge for my blazer).

The beers came in 4 separate boxes, each containing 6 bottles, and the total shipping was just €10. I assume they have a special arrangement with the courier.

I'll be getting a load more for Christmas, including 24 bottles of Straffe Hendrik Wild and some bottles of the 2018 Heritage (oak aged).

https://shop.halvemaan.be/en/beers/straffe-hendrik/

thanks - ordered eight styles from your list from Beers of Europe plus the ones I already have will give me a broad range to try. Will also look at halvemaan as I've had Straffe styles mentioned by others. Only managed to get 1 btl of the Urthel Samaranth as now out of stock

look forward to delivery and tasting      

5 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Hi all,  I have a hobby of trying lagers from all over the world , im trying to try a lager from every country , any one got any websites good for getting rare or international lagers etc? 

If your ever in Newquay. Head down to Lusty Glaze beach and try there pilsner.  I  haven't tried lagers from all over the world but I've always had lager wherever I've been- a fair few places- and that was the best one .  When I was down there in August, the beach was closed unless you paid 2.5k for three nights glamping and I couldn't get my annual fix. Not a happy boy. It's probably worth the 280 mile trip on it's own. 

On 25/10/2020 at 01:29, Eddie said:

Good man.

Incidentally, I mentioned my favourite brewery earlier - De Halve Maan, in Bruges.

They also do mail order, and a couple of weeks ago, I acquired 12 x Straffe Hendrik Tripel 75 cl and 12 x Straffe Quad 75 cl. Total cost, including shipping to the UK, was just €128 (oh, including a new lapel badge for my blazer).

The beers came in 4 separate boxes, each containing 6 bottles, and the total shipping was just €10. I assume they have a special arrangement with the courier.

I'll be getting a load more for Christmas, including 24 bottles of Straffe Hendrik Wild and some bottles of the 2018 Heritage (oak aged).

https://shop.halvemaan.be/en/beers/straffe-hendrik/

IMG_0121_.thumb.jpg.4e6e22709d5a95fa8640174cf746745c.jpg

ok my shipment from Beers of Europe has arrived and here are a few notes on the stuff from them and supermarket purchases at the weekend  

Kriek Boon - enjoyable and refreshing 4% so not too heavy deep red colour possibly a tad sweet for me

Boon Oude Geuze - cloudy 7% and this one an acquired taste I think difficult to define maybe acidic possibly blue cheese type after taste not really for me

Tripel Karmeliet - cloudy beer really enjoyed this could drink this regularly but 8.4% 

Leffe Blond - clear beer again very enjoyable could be a regular drink 6.6% but doesn't feel like it (until you try and stand up)  

Duvel - clear beer very nice and will be a regular choice 8.5% readily available easy drinking a couple of these with a Havana cigar - wonderful

Postel Blond - clear beer amber colour a beautiful beer 7% smooth great flavour full bodied eminently drinkable a real favourite of mine going to be my Christmas case(s)

Postel Dobbel - clear dark beer 7% chocolate and maybe cherry tones but not too sweet nice head marvellous

Postel Tripel - slight haze 9% barley wine style of hit super beer rich and full but only in small quantities 

more to follow liver recovery time required

Btw Great service form Beers Of Europe ordered on Sunday delivered safely on Tuesday can recommend them

2 hours ago, Monty said:

IMG_0121_.thumb.jpg.4e6e22709d5a95fa8640174cf746745c.jpg

ok my shipment from Beers of Europe has arrived and here are a few notes on the stuff from them and supermarket purchases at the weekend  

Kriek Boon - enjoyable and refreshing 4% so not too heavy deep red colour possibly a tad sweet for me

Boon Oude Geuze - cloudy 7% and this one an acquired taste I think difficult to define maybe acidic possibly blue cheese type after taste not really for me

Tripel Karmeliet - cloudy beer really enjoyed this could drink this regularly but 8.4% 

Leffe Blond - clear beer again very enjoyable could be a regular drink 6.6% but doesn't feel like it (until you try and stand up)  

Duvel - clear beer very nice and will be a regular choice 8.5% readily available easy drinking a couple of these with a Havana cigar - wonderful

Postel Blond - clear beer amber colour a beautiful beer 7% smooth great flavour full bodied eminently drinkable a real favourite of mine going to be my Christmas case(s)

Postel Dobbel - clear dark beer 7% chocolate and maybe cherry tones but not too sweet nice head marvellous

Postel Tripel - slight haze 9% barley wine style of hit super beer rich and full but only in small quantities 

more to follow liver recovery time required

Btw Great service form Beers Of Europe ordered on Sunday delivered safely on Tuesday can recommend them

Did you get any quadrupels?

41 minutes ago, sage said:

Did you get any quadrupels?

the Urthel Samaranth is a quad I believe - might try this whilst watching the match tonight

Eddie - looked at the  De Halve Maan site there was a glitch in that deliveries were showing as no service to the UK. Think its now fixed might try a couple of bottles from Beers of Europe first     

37 minutes ago, Monty said:

the Urthel Samaranth is a quad I believe - might try this whilst watching the match tonight

Eddie - looked at the  De Halve Maan site there was a glitch in that deliveries were showing as no service to the UK. Think its now fixed might try a couple of bottles from Beers of Europe first     

I would drink it in the second half or you won't see the end of the game.

4 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Uttoxeter Brewing Co.'s Monster Mash, Ghost Patrol and Vamp Party that were moving gifts now I'm part of the Utchiter Mafia. One IPA, one Golden Ale and one Ruby Ale.

Drinkable but not the strongest flavours.  Good sessioners though I reckon.

Welcome to Utch Joe ?

On 28/10/2020 at 14:37, Monty said:

I went on there today, and it seems that there is a problem of some form or another. Perhaps they are in the process of changing couriers.

I wanted to order half a dozen Heritage 2018 and 24 Wild as well as another case each of Tripels and Quads, but I got the message "No shipping method found for your country”. I have emailed the shop and will let you know when I get a reply.