Cisse

Beer Thread

On 18/07/2019 at 11:16, Bwash_Ram said:

Just discovered this little demon, lethal stuff cant sneck too many.

Got quite a strong malty/barley taste

b96b120a2eec553eac51d049b5c0ece2.png

ahhh, karpackie... i remember having two of them back when i was 15 and was absolutely off my marbles. haven't touched em since.

1 hour ago, ramit said:

Had this one for the first time while in Spain.  Excellent beer, a bit bitter.

000Veltins-670x670.jpg

Veltins nearly became the lager of choice in a lot of pubs I went to. Used to really like it then had a couple of shocking pints in a row which put me off and it was eventually replaced. I presume like most lagers* it’s not the easiest to keep at its very best and eventually gave up on it. It’s now really been replaced with Birra Moretti. A similar thing happened with Freedom Lager too, although I’ve started seeing that again in a few places.

*quick clarification, im not sure how true the ‘lagers are difficult to keep’ bit is. A landlord once said to me that Stella needed to be kept at a certain temp for it to be at its best and in fairness that Stella Artois was one of the best I’ve had

16 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Veltins nearly became the lager of choice in a lot of pubs I went to. Used to really like it then had a couple of shocking pints in a row which put me off and it was eventually replaced. I presume like most lagers* it’s not the easiest to keep at its very best and eventually gave up on it. It’s now really been replaced with Birra Moretti. A similar thing happened with Freedom Lager too, although I’ve started seeing that again in a few places.

*quick clarification, im not sure how true the ‘lagers are difficult to keep’ bit is. A landlord once said to me that Stella needed to be kept at a certain temp for it to be at its best and in fairness that Stella Artois was one of the best I’ve had

Was not aware of storage issues with lagers, but guess it makes sense as i've noticed Stella not being as good at some times as others.

Will try Birra Moretti.  Cheers