Beer Thread

Cisse

19 hours ago, SKRam said:

Heads up for Belper Rams. I’ll post tomorrow (zzzs for work). Some information re Belper pubs and my B&B this Sat for a 50th nearby…. More to follow 

…….So I’m partying at Hollywood House in Blackbrook, doubt beer will be great but will have to make do with what’s on offer. Staying at Lion Hotel where GBG suggests I can at least get a decent pint of Bass which is rare in Stockport. 
Looking at best pubs in Belper….Angel Micro, Railway and Arkwright Real Ale bar. Hoping to get a couple of scoops before heading to the party. Anyone recommend one of these in particular, time will be against me!! Cheers Belper Rams 🐏🍺

6 minutes ago, SKRam said:

…….So I’m partying at Hollywood House in Blackbrook, doubt beer will be great but will have to make do with what’s on offer. Staying at Lion Hotel where GBG suggests I can at least get a decent pint of Bass which is rare in Stockport. 
Looking at best pubs in Belper….Angel Micro, Railway and Arkwright Real Ale bar. Hoping to get a couple of scoops before heading to the party. Anyone recommend one of these in particular, time will be against me!! Cheers Belper Rams 🐏🍺

Arkwrights and Angels are by far the best in Belper for Real Ale.

After that the Railway, Devonshire, Thorn Tree, Cross Keys and Grapes serve good beer in roughly that order

14 hours ago, sage said:

Arkwrights and Angels are by far the best in Belper for Real Ale.

After that the Railway, Devonshire, Thorn Tree, Cross Keys and Grapes serve good beer in roughly that order

Great stuff many thanks @sage

On 13/01/2024 at 09:04, SKRam said:

Great stuff many thanks @sage

If you've got the time, as you're in the area, try to get over to the Holly Bush at Makeney. A longish walk from Belper or short bus-hop to Milford and shorter walk up to Makeney village, but one of the best pubs in Derbyshire, if not the UK imo.

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

If you've got the time, as you're in the area, try to get over to the Holly Bush at Makeney. A longish walk from Belper or short bus-hop to Milford and shorter walk up to Makeney village, but one of the best pubs in Derbyshire, if not the UK imo.

It's a great pub, especially in the snug.

Only problem is if you like dark beer, the keg stuff is served ice cold.

You have to leave it an hour to drink  

On 18/01/2024 at 07:15, Crewton said:

Time was very much against me @Crewton but I’ll certainly make a note of it. Many thanks. 

• 1 month later...

Just had an email from Beeronweb.

They have just received confirmation from HMRC that any future orders shipped to the UK costing less than £135 will no longer attract alcohol duty - just VAT.

A few people I know from various Belgian beer enthusiasts' sites have had orders impounded pending the payment of alcohol duty, so I might consider ordering from abroad again.

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Just had an email from Beeronweb.

They have just received confirmation from HMRC that any future orders shipped to the UK costing less than £135 will no longer attract alcohol duty - just VAT.

A few people I know from various Belgian beer enthusiasts' sites have had orders impounded pending the payment of alcohol duty, so I might consider ordering from abroad again.

Has he reached Mount Doom yet, or is he still relaxing in The Shire ?

5 minutes ago, B4’s Sister said:

He’ll soon be Merry

He’ll soon be Merry 😂

If I've not tidied up after my grandson, there's a danger that he might step on a piece of Lego, lass (Legolas)

/right, that's enough LotR puns

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Made it to Burton. Some of you good folk reside here I’m well aware. But for a Stockport lad it’s a new one to tick off. Dog Inn first now Elms Inn after a fair hike across the river. Draught Bass a rare breed south Manchester, be rude not to …..A6973A47-09D0-422B-8B3A-F0243DF413EB.thumb.jpeg.32ab93d9d5a8fb7041a3ac636ed44eaf.jpeg

The Dog is a great pub now. In Burton, I'd always take in the Devonshire, Burton Bridge, Coopers and Last Heretic, but there are a few others too.