Beer Thread

Cisse

Anybody drank “calvados” before ? think it’s a french Apple drink. I’ve won a bottle in a bet, googled it and it’s not cheap. If it’s good, I’ll drink it, if not could be a good Christmas present for someone ?

10 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Anybody drank “calvados” before ? think it’s a french Apple drink. I’ve won a bottle in a bet, googled it and it’s not cheap. If it’s good, I’ll drink it, if not could be a good Christmas present for someone ?

Apple brandy isn't it?

6 minutes ago, Rev said:

Apple brandy isn't it?

Think so (from my research) just wondered if it was nice, I don’t want to open it and waste it if it’s tastes like my arm pit 

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

You can make a lovely apple old fashioned with it. Calvados, bitters and a bit of maple syrup. ? 

4 hours ago, TexasRam said:

It's very, very drinkable.

Actually, as far as I'm concerned, meths is very, very drinkable.

One thing about calvados - it gives me a ferocious headache, and it's pretty well the only booze that does. I put it down to the amygdalin in apple pips - it can release cyanide and other noxious substances in minute quantities - but as I said before, it's very drinkable, so minute quantities x vast amounts = quite a bit, so beware.

7 hours ago, Eddie said:

It's very, very drinkable.

Actually, as far as I'm concerned, meths is very, very drinkable.

One thing about calvados - it gives me a ferocious headache, and it's pretty well the only booze that does. I put it down to the amygdalin in apple pips - it can release cyanide and other noxious substances in minute quantities - but as I said before, it's very drinkable, so minute quantities x vast amounts = quite a bit, so beware.

Thanks Eddie I’ll give it a go then. A drinkable cyanide as well! I’ll have it with some red bull ?

14 hours ago, Kinder said:

This is flippin’ delicious.

6E88DDAC-717C-4E4F-8A62-3EBB613785A5.jpeg

I had a look for it at my tesco this morning but the shelves were bare on almost all craft beers. 

Has to settle for Clockwork orange and some old school Hoegaarden. 

The vocation cherry stout was 'reduced to clear' at £4.75.  A whole 25p off the price last week ?

20 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Had some years ago in France.

First impression was like the first time you taste whisky (as a 10 year old)!

Like Eddie says its good stuff (assuming the actual bottle is not the whisky equivalent of Teachers).

19 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Had some years ago in France.

First impression was like the first time you taste whisky (as a 10 year old)!

Like Eddie says its good stuff (assuming the actual bottle is not the whisky equivalent of Teachers).

I googled it and it’s quite pricey so hopefully not. Going to try it tonight, was tempted to neck the bottle at about 10 o’clock last night to numb the pain!!!!!

14E598E0-C4E3-4219-8D1A-5CEC7A64A0B4.jpeg