Beer Thread

Cisse

What’s everyone drinking tonight then?  I’ve had a very strict policy of only drinking English beers during the England games.  I’ve got some cans lined up from Vocation, Dig Brew, Attic and Deya - haven’t tried any from there before.  Can’t wait, I’m going out for a long run and then might have to crack one open!

5 hours ago, Kinder said:

What’s everyone drinking tonight then?  I’ve had a very strict policy of only drinking English beers during the England games.  I’ve got some cans lined up from Vocation, Dig Brew, Attic and Deya - haven’t tried any from there before.  Can’t wait, I’m going out for a long run and then might have to crack one open!

There are a few options, including but not limited to a 10% TIPA and a 16.5% Stout

0aiWbw8.jpg

I'm on Leffe Lager.

Son bought it to enjoy while we were away, but seeing as we're all confined to barracks thanks to the dirty scroat I've had a dabble.

It's like a slightly watered down Blonde, not unpleasant but is caught between the two camps and pleases neither.

• 2 weeks later...

We’re at a brilliant place in the Custard Factory in Digbeth called Chase and Counters. It’s a board game bar so we’re playing Scrabble and their beers on tap are top notch. I’m having two halves, both Deyas - a Steady Rolling Man and Magazine Cover. I’ve only got into Deya recently but all the beers I’ve tried have been excellent. First couple were strong DIPAs and TIPAs but these are much more sessionable but still v tasty.

46D3F111-2231-42CA-82B8-413860BA1A8D.jpeg

On 27/07/2021 at 18:03, Anag Ram said:

Anyone tried any nice new beers lately? 

I'm bored with reading the football thread ?

Yes.

St Austell Brewery have added to their range of Belgian-inspired beers (Sayzon, Cardinal Sin and Bad Habit) with a collosal quadrupel called "Divine Intervention" which tips the hygrometer at a solid 13% abv. Not available online yet, apart from as part of a box set, but I picked a couple of dozen up from the brewery a couple of weeks ago. Very nice indeed.

Also, one of the guys from Antwerp who used to work for Kurt at Belgiuminabox, Kimo Massart, has started his own company up called Belgianbeerbank. I put a delivery in through them last week and it came through in just 6 days, which was quite impressive. I picked up the following:

• 2 La Trappe Tripel
  • 2 Rochefort Tripel Extra
  • 2 De Koninck Tripel d'Anvers
  • 2 Gouden Carolus Tripel
  • 2 Kasteel Tripel
  • 2 Achel Trappist Blond
  • 4 LeFort Tripel
  • 2 Saison Dupont
  • 2 La Trappe IsidOr
  • 2 La Trappe Quad
  • 2 St Bernardus Tripel

Total price was €90.20 including all taxes and delivery, so basically about £3.10 a bottle.

He also included a complimentary Tripel d'Anvers glass, which was as welcome as it was unexpected.

Edited by Eddie

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Yes.

St Austell Brewery have added to their range of Belgian-inspired beers (Sayzon, Cardinal Sin and Bad Habit) with a collosal quadrupel called "Divine Intervention" which tips the hygrometer at a solid 13% abv. Not available online yet, apart from as part of a box set, but I picked a couple of dozen up from the brewery a couple of weeks ago. Very nice indeed.

Also, one of the guys from Antwerp who used to work for Kurt at Belgiuminabox, Kimo Massart, has started his own company up called Belgianbeerbank. I put a delivery in through them last week and it came through in just 6 days, which was quite impressive. I picked up the following:

• 2 La Trappe Tripel
  • 2 Rochefort Tripel Extra
  • 2 De Koninck Tripel d'Anvers
  • 2 Gouden Carolus Tripel
  • 2 Kasteel Tripel
  • 2 Achel Trappist Blond
  • 4 LeFort Tripel
  • 2 Saison Dupont
  • 2 La Trappe IsidOr
  • 2 La Trappe Quad
  • 2 St Bernardus Tripel

Total price was €90.20 including all taxes and delivery, so basically about £3.10 a bottle.

He also included a complimentary Tripel d'Anvers glass, which was as welcome as it was unexpected.

Good to know. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Kinder said:

We’re at a brilliant place in the Custard Factory in Digbeth called Chase and Counters. It’s a board game bar so we’re playing Scrabble and their beers on tap are top notch. I’m having two halves, both Deyas - a Steady Rolling Man and Magazine Cover. I’ve only got into Deya recently but all the beers I’ve tried have been excellent. First couple were strong DIPAs and TIPAs but these are much more sessionable but still v tasty.

46D3F111-2231-42CA-82B8-413860BA1A8D.jpeg

More importantly, who won?

Paying a visit to Stable Ales taproom in Melbourne tomorrow if I can get a few things sorted early in the day (like make a moussaka as a surprise for the memsahib - it's her favourite).

I believe that they have a few Belgian beers in stock, including Straffe Tripel and Blonden Os.

7 hours ago, Coconut said:

More importantly, who won?

It was my daughter’s birthday so she won! It was a strong performance.

We all admired my wife’s jugs though, particularly on a double word score.

Edited by Kinder

4 hours ago, Jram said:

Is anyone on Untappd? Very proud to recently bring up my double century of different beers but then saw a friend of mine is over 1700 

I tried to register - twice.

On both occasions, there was a problem dealing with my registration, so I gave up.

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

I tried to register - twice.

On both occasions, there was a problem dealing with my registration, so I gave up.

Ah mate, don’t give up. It has made me drink a lot more beer though