Beer Thread

Cisse

To chill beer that cold as the picture suggests is just plain stupid. There is no way the flavours will come out properly. Although often that kind of beers don't taste like anything anyway.

You mean you can still taste it after a few? must be crap

Never really tried this Belgian, hops rolled on the thighs of buxom Flemish virgin trappist nuns type lager-beer stuff that the europeans (and Eddie) wax lyrical about.

What's it actually taste like?

Like a nuns chuff.

you will have to explain mate ,been a wild boy in my time but even i dont know what that like

Like any other chuff but with a hint of lavender and fresh linen.

Looks pretty chilled, so maybe he trappist ****** in the fridge door.

I'm definitely going to make my own beer at some point in the future, no idea when, but it will happen.

PM me when you decide to take the plunge, and I'll give you plenty of do's and don'ts

Today's 'Beer of the Day' (well, FIRST beer of the day) is a cheeky little number.

When I was a kid, we used to go on holiday to Barry Island. So I popped into Tescos tonight and there it was: "Barry Island IPA". It's brewed by Brains Craft Brewery in Cardiff in collaboration with Simon Martin (Real Ale Guide) and is said to be inspired by some of the brilliant APAs coming out of America at the moment.

Quite hoppy by British standards (liberal use of Zeus, Cascade and Summit give it a nice citrus flavour) but the base malt flavour still comes through early. Don't expect an American-style APA - it is definitely not that, but as someone who is not a great fan of beers that make my cheeks touch each other, I'm not too fussed about that.

Nowhere near as nice as Brewdog's Punk IPA, but tasty all the same.