Beer Thread

Cisse

26 minutes ago, Cisse said:

Having a Traquair House Ale in my local pub. A really good beer. Unfortunately they don't serve food here. This would be great with reindeer or moose. 

Møøse bites kan be pretti nasti.

24 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Leffe Blond.

Last had one in Lille in 2016 at the Euros and thought it tasted awful. Just had one in the back garden and it went down a treat. Obviously developed a more refined palate over the last 5 years.

The one you had in Lille probably came out of the drain at the back of the bogs?

40 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Leffe Blond.

Last had one in Lille in 2016 at the Euros and thought it tasted awful. Just had one in the back garden and it went down a treat. Obviously developed a more refined palate over the last 5 years.

It gets a bad press from Belgian beer 'snobs', but it's not bad at all - very pleasant, especially when it's a nice, sunny day. The Brune is very nice, and is always the base beer in my Flemish stew. If you want to step up just a bit, nip in to Tesco and buy a bottle of Duvel (£2) or Delirium (£2.50). The big Tescos and Sainsburys also sell Tripel Karmeleit in 75cl bottles at £5 a bottle - and that is a world class beer.

12 hours ago, Eddie said:

It gets a bad press from Belgian beer 'snobs', but it's not bad at all - very pleasant, especially when it's a nice, sunny day. The Brune is very nice, and is always the base beer in my Flemish stew. If you want to step up just a bit, nip in to Tesco and buy a bottle of Duvel (£2) or Delirium (£2.50). The big Tescos and Sainsburys also sell Tripel Karmeleit in 75cl bottles at £5 a bottle - and that is a world class beer.

Delirium I've had a few of - lovely stuff. Duvel I find heavy going though. 

None of the Belgian brews are really my taste - IPA's, APA's and anything hoppy usually my thing but was a nice change up.

2 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Delirium I've had a few of - lovely stuff. Duvel I find heavy going though. 

None of the Belgian brews are really my taste - IPA's, APA's and anything hoppy usually my thing but was a nice change up.

Duvel Tripel Hop, Houblon Chouffe, Urthel Hop-it, Hopsinjoor, Poperings Hommelbier and Troubadour Magma are worth seeking out. All are very 'hop-forward'.