The Wedding Present

Inverurie Ram

New Album by The Wedding Present. The full 20-track track-listing for ‘Going, Going...’ is...

Kittery / Greenland / Marblehead / Sprague / Two Bridges / Little Silver / Bear / Secretary / Birdsnest / Kill Devil Hills / Bells / Fifty-Six / Fordland / Emporia / Broken Bow / Lead / Ten Sleep / Wales / Rachel / Santa Monica

The band will also be playing tracks from the album live on air when they are featured on Marc Riley’s BBC Radio 6 Music show from 7PM on September 8th. ‘Going, Going...’ will also be the station’s ‘album of the day’ on that date.

Anyone Going Going to see The Wedding Present at the Derby Venue Wed 7th Dec 2016?

GOING, GOING...’ TOUR DATES

Here’s a list of all The Wedding Present’s forthcoming shows...

THE ‘GOING, GOING...’ AUDIO-VISUAL TOUR ~ The Wedding Present will play their beautiful album in its entirety in front of films. Support comes from Such Small Hands.

07/09 : Cardiff - TramShed

09/09 : Gateshead - Sage

10/09 : Glasgow - School Of Art SOLD OUT

11/09 : Salford – Lowry SOLD OUT

12/09 : Stowmarket - John Peel Centre SOLD OUT

THE WEDDING PRESENT'S 2016 EUROPEAN TOUR

Unlike the September ‘Going, Going...’ Audio-Visual Tour, these winter dates will consist of a mixed 90 minute set of selected new songs plus other material drawn from the band’s extensive back catalogue.

06/10 : Winchester, UK - Railway Inn with Miranda Lee Richards

07/10 : Bognor Regis, UK - Butlin's for the Rockaway Beach festival [The Wedding Present will play a 90 minute set from 9PM]

08/10 : Wolverhampton, UK – Slade Rooms with Haiku Salut

09/10 : Morley, UK - Alexandra Hall for the Morley Arts festival [The Wedding Present will play a 90 minute set from 9PM] with The Velveteens

13/10 : Bruxelles / Brussel, B – Botanique

14/10 : Utrecht, NL – Ekko

15/10 : Bremen, D – Lagerhaus

16/10 : Hamburg, D – Hafenklang

17/10 : Berlin, D – Privatclub

18/10 : Leipzig, D – Werk 2 with Summer Cannibals

20/10 : Praha, CZ – Klub 007 Strahov with Summer Cannibals

21/10 : Wien, A – Chelsea with Summer Cannibals

22/10 : Lugau, D – Landei with Summer Cannibals

24/10 : Luxembourg, L – Bar National with Summer Cannibals

25/10 : Dijon, F – Novosonic Festival at Atheneum Theatre

26/10 : Lyon, F – Sonic with Summer Cannibals

27/10 : Clermont-Ferrand, F – Bombshell with Summer Cannibals

28/10 : Donostia / San Sebastián, E – Tabakalera with Summer Cannibals

30/10 : Pontevedra, E – Karma with Summer Cannibals

31/10 : Madrid, E – Café Berlin with Summer Cannibals

01/11 : València / Valencia, E – Loco with Summer Cannibals

02/11 : Barcelona, E – Sidecar with Summer Cannibals

03/11 : Bordeaux, F – I.Boat with Summer Cannibals

04/11 : Rennes / Roazhon, F – 1988 Club with Summer Cannibals

05/11 : Paris, F – Le Batofar with Summer Cannibals

20/11 : Colchester, UK - Arts Centre

21/11 : Chatham, UK - Britannia Theatre

22/11 : Portsmouth, UK - Wedgwood Rooms

23/11 : Exeter, UK - Cavern Club

24/11 : Bristol, UK - Fleece

26/11 : Belfast, UK - Limelight

27/11 : Dublin / Baile Átha Cliath, IRL – Whelan’s

28/11 : Limerick, IRL – Dolan’s Warehouse

30/11 : Aberdeen, UK - Tunnels

01/12 : Edinburgh, UK - La Belle Angele

02/12 : Sunderland, UK - Point

03/12 : Kendal, UK - Brewery Arts Centre

04/12 : Holmfirth, UK - Picturedrome

06/12 : Liverpool, UK - O2 Academy Arts Club

07/12 : Derby, UK - Venue

08/12 : Oxford, UK - O2 Academy

09/12 : Lowestoft, UK - Aquarium

10/12 : London, UK – O2 Academy Islington

The Wedding Present are hoping to play in The United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Japan in the spring of 2017.

4 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I'll be getting it. Huge fan. Gedgey must be about 80 by now!

Best album IMO was Seamonsters followed by Bizarro. Brassneck! :lol:

Agree with you T...L.M...Seamonsters followed by Bizarro......you are a top bloke.

L....S....D.....

Shall We Take A Trip..... back to the 80's and 90's when we all loved each other. Happy Days!

29 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Chicken Rhythms. What a great name for an album! I thought i'd change my avatar every couple of days with bands that I've loved over the last 25 years. Northside were one of the lesser known of the 'madchester' bands.

Yep got Northside stuff on vinyl and saw them back in the day, when chasing around Britain to see the likes of The Stone Roses, The Happy Monday's, The Inspiral Carpets loads of times etc. Also seen The Charlatans loads of times including going to Paris to see them, and the gig was featured on Rapido, a few folk from Aberdeen met up with a load of Manx and went on the coach and ferry across etc.

Not heard much by them if i'm honest IR. New Fast Automatic Daffodils, Moose, Slowdive, Chapterhouse were faves as was probably the best album I've ever owned which to this day I cannot find a band of similar ilk that distorts guitars in the same fashion - Loveless by My Bloody Valentine. Absolute genius album that one.

Loved the Charlatans. You heard of Flowered Up? They did a couple of corkers including weekender.

14 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Not heard much by them if i'm honest IR. New Fast Automatic Daffodils, Moose, Slowdive, Chapterhouse were faves as was probably the best album I've ever owned which to this day I cannot find a band of similar ilk that distorts guitars in the same fashion - Loveless by My Bloody Valentine. Absolute genius album that one.

Loved the Charlatans. You heard of Flowered Up? They did a couple of corkers including weekender.

You'll be bringing up The Frank and Walters and Sultans of Ping FC next, at this rate.

On 6 September 2016 at 20:18, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Yep TLM I've seen all of these and have vinyl by them all except for Moose, which I think feature on various compilations I own. Always loved MBV and enjoyed dancing to Glider (AW mix) at The Mudd Club an indie disco I attended in my teens and early 20's. Here we go.......