January Transfer Suggestion Thread

CastletonRam

13 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Player manager wasn't he?

Yes and I think the chairman took the manager job off Nolan and asked him to continued playing for them, he left them in the summer. Some Orient players were shocked that the manager job was taken off Nolan and they don't understand why. 

23 hours ago, philmycock said:

Our next signing in January will be one off this list....

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/wasserman-media-group/beraterfirma/berater/440#ath

According to this they represent the lad off Jackass that is always whipping his old chap out*.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/chris-pontius/profil/spieler/105993

*I realise that could describe everyone in Jackass, but Pontius does it the most.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/09/2016 at 23:09, philmycock said:

Our next signing in January will be one off this list....

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/wasserman-media-group/beraterfirma/berater/440#ath

Is this a list of transfer targets for us, or just players representated by Rush' agency?

Either way , theres a lot of USA nationals on there, do we have the whole mls as clients?

Simon Dawkins for a return anyone? A McClaren player if there ever was one: skilful, comfortable on the ball and knows his job, especially when coming on at the end to protect a lead by just keeping hold of the ball. I would love to see Dawks strutting his stuff in a Derby shirt again. A truly lovely football player.

31 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Simon Dawkins for a return anyone? A McClaren player if there ever was one: skilful, comfortable on the ball and knows his job, especially when coming on at the end to protect a lead by just keeping hold of the ball. I would love to see Dawks strutting his stuff in a Derby shirt again. A truly lovely football player.

No thanks. Apart from Fulham away there was rarely any end product - always flattered to deceive.

Id like to see mclaren use his contacts in january and use the loan system.  Get players in that improve the team that we'd usually have no hope of signing an ibe or a lingard type. (The latter wasnt very good for us but is still a good player and didnt get the games due to ince etc) 

We had injuries when we fell apart but i  dont think we looked the same when Ibe went back. Mclaren really improved him as a player and when liverpool recalled him i thought he was our best player. Changed him into someone that would track back and was a real asset by the time he left. 

Be good to get a gem in on loan for a promotion push and save us money on a perm championship signing so we can make more signings whan we go up