Chris Weale - Signed 1 year deal

Cam the Ram

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys I owe you all an apology. In the Rams talk thread I started a topic on 'players we've been linked with'. Now in that thread I stated that we hadn't been linked with any keepers. Obviously what's happened is Mels read that and though we needed a keeper. Sorry chaps. In my defence I did mention the young lad from man city who's just gone to Italy. 

Bringing in pointless players as allies in the dressing room is weak. I congratulated Pearson a few weeks ago for not doing this, but here we are. Don't give me this apologist guff about "we need a 3rd 'keeper as cover". We had two already and Pearson loaned them both out.

I'd rather see one of the academy keepers given a chance in the unlikely event we needed a third goalkeeper than this joker. I'm sure some will be pleased to see him here though, given he's 'experienced'.

Naylor déja vu. Today has sapped the little remaining enthusiasm I had for this season. 

At Yeovil he was player-goalkeeping coach so I assume he will be doing some coaching with the youth teams too? Having seen the club are looking for more "development phase" coaches its possible he's partly to cover that, partly as the 3rd choice keeper who basically wont play...I'm stretching to try and justify though!!

It makes some sort of sense from a playing perspective but I simply don't understand why the club waited until 11pm to announce it. It's obvious it has been a done thing for at least a day, so why not announce it earlier?

Surely they must have seen the fury that it would get, announcing it just after the Martin deal?

How clueless is this club, from top to bottom?

It seems to have turned into amateur hour in every part of the club from dealing with transfers, to social media stuff like this.

This deal just put the tin hat on yesterday's business... Change for changes sake utterly pointless. What a cr@p transfer deadline day, absolute dogsh1te. 

4 hours ago, whiteroseram said:

At Yeovil he was player-goalkeeping coach so I assume he will be doing some coaching with the youth teams too? Having seen the club are looking for more "development phase" coaches its possible he's partly to cover that, partly as the 3rd choice keeper who basically wont play...I'm stretching to try and justify though!!

So basically Nigel is trying to reinvent the Weale? 

5 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Jesus Christ, how much worse can Derby fans get? Raging about signing a 3rd choice keeper for no fee and probably low wages who's necessary because we always travel with three keepers. I can maybe understand moaning about the Martin situation but going crazy over this? F**k off.

I will be writing to your mother and asking her to wash your mouth out with soap young man. But you are quite correct in the point you make. So many over the top comments yesterday, about a couple of ho hum comings and goings at a Championship football club. 

We've offloaded a keeper we didn't want who I'd imagine to be earning 12-15k per week and brought in a third choice cover who's on, again I'd imagine, around 2-4k per week. Potentially saving 500k a year without losing the cover as Mitchell is highly rated...

Fxcking state of the fans spitting their dummies out over this transfer window. Mardy feckers. 

I do find this a little strange to loan out one to bring in another.

The only reason I can see is the loan deal will generate some money and Weales wages will be much less than Grants.

But I do agree, he is only the third choice and we would be looking to bring back Grant if we ever had to use him in anger.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

This deal just put the tin hat on yesterday's business... Change for changes sake utterly pointless. What a cr@p transfer deadline day, absolute dogsh1te. 

We went for De gea but he said he wasn't playing number 2 to Carson.

Jesus wept

I don't think anyone is that bothered about the sense. An experienced keeper around won't do any harm. I think what has pi55ed everyone of an has been mentioned numerous times is the timing of the deal. He was unattached so could of been announced at any time. I think a lot of people, including me, were anticipating a big signing once Martin had been confirmed yet this signing was announced at 11pm instead. Poor effort by the club. Pouring fuel on the fire. 

Archived