Gboly Ariyibi - Joined Fawaz's Circus

Carnero

He's playing in a team low on confidence and he thrives on that as many wingers do. He definately has something this kid but needs to be playing in a reasonably successful footballing side with support and encouragement from fans.

He's a young lad and spends much of his time hugging the touchline within earshot of all the moans and groans of spireites fans. Hardly going to inspire him. Can spend long periods without the ball, not necessarily his fault, and can get double marked which he needs to work out how to combat this.

There is a much better player in there waiting to get out. The whole set of circumstances on and off the pitch at CFC will see us wait just that bit longer.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:
Fairly disappointed in this... Think he was a hot prospect.

I've had the displeasure of watching Chesterfield a few times and he looks woeful. Nothing to do with playing in a poor team. Flatters to deceive every time. No end product. Evans is playing in the same team and looks a class above (purely a footballing opinion I don't want slating for his offield antics). 

Let forest have him. If I were a treetard I'd be worried about their signings this window. 

Not bothered about the likes of not signing wildschut. But this guy and bogle. Prospects that won't cost much. If bogle signs for Wigan and does well he'll be worth £10m+ next season. Another one that might get away from us. Surely 3 low value players are less of a risk than say vydra for £8m 

6 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I've had the displeasure of watching Chesterfield a few times and he looks woeful. Nothing to do with playing in a poor team. Flatters to deceive every time. No end product. Evans is playing in the same team and looks a class above (purely a footballing opinion I don't want slating for his offield antics). 

Let forest have him. If I were a treetard I'd be worried about their signings this window. 

I agree with you on Evans,he does look a good player.Surprised no ones stuck their neck out.

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Depends if they're any good.

He might go to Wigan and be crap

True but you've then gambled £1m not 7 or 8. Who'd buy vydra now for even £3m probably no one because of the wages he'll be on. If bogle doesn't end up good we'd still probably get half his fee back. It's not a gamble. 

Archived