Gboly Ariyibi - Joined Fawaz's Circus

Carnero

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Owen Bradley

BBC Radio Derby Sport

Posted at14:07

Despite suggestions in north Derbyshire, we understand that Derby County won't be the destination of Chesterfield winger Gboly Ariyibi.

He's reportedly handed in a transfer request amid interest from Brentford, and while Derby might have had a look before, they've already moved on.

4 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

waiting for the Hendrick deal to go through so we are sure of the money before we do any deals ????

That's the way of it, we have spent £8million at this point which is a lot for a non parachute championship club 

2 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

What the.. Am I the only one who would be happy with us selling Hendrick and not doing any business?

If we sign a CDM/CM/LB/Pacy winger then so be it but happy otherwise..?

I'll be content. 

3 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

What the.. Am I the only one who would be happy with us selling Hendrick and not doing any business?

If we sign a CDM/CM/LB/Pacy winger then so be it but happy otherwise..?

Not after that match against burton, something needs to change and as good a player as he is, vydra isn't the saviour.

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

And you know that after... Zero... Games, how?

I mean that he can't fill in all the roles that we need filling, not that he won't be a success, like we still need a quality defensive mid to compete with Thorne, vydra can't fill that role haha- sorry reading it back I didn't make that clear, I'm certainly not one to judge a player before he's played.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 12:26, Carl Sagan said:

I defer to conehead John! Very very quick. Does he track back enough and work hard for the team? Like all wingers he's inconsistent, but it kind of comes with the territory...

Young American from Saints academy originally.

Pretty much agree with this summary. Living 2 minutes away from the prozac I go and watch 'tahn' a bit if i can be bothered and money isn't tight so seen much of this young lad.

All you want in a winger really apart from the inconsistency and tendency to sometimes drift out of games.

He is only a young lad though and the potential is there to see. Whether he realises it is another matter but at a club like Derby with the right development and POSITIVE football I think he could eventually bridge the gap and be a hit.

Not sure if he is still on our radar or not.

There are many frustrating players who show glimpses of potential at lower levels and just need that step up with better players around them and more space to really click and I think Gboly could be one of them.

• 1 month later...

Archived