Sam Allardyce Press Conference

Day

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Which is a bit like saying, without Rooneys goals during qualifying we would not even have made these tournaments...

Mate my whole point and debate is what he does at tournaments. Yes rooney has csrried us to qualification in the last two tournaments.... but hardly against anyone of note.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Mate my whole point and debate is what he does at tournaments. Yes rooney has csrried us to qualification in the last two tournaments.... but hardly against anyone of note.

You said he was the most over rated England player ever!

13 hours ago, David said:

The FA is the reason England are ****, it's those "football experts" that keep appointing dull managers that are happy to take draws from the likes of Slovakia.

Didnt watch yesterday, if that cancels my England fan status so be it, I've never felt so deflated by a managerial appointment, couldn't bring myself to watch. 

Imagine how the likes of Sterling feels going from Guardiola to Allardyce or Rooney Mourinho to Allardyce.

The FA have the ambition of a prune.

Not calling for his head, too late for that, let Sam have the World Cup flop then the FA can fire themselves and bring in a panel of ex pros that are football experts to bring in a suitable replacement.

Sorry Sam, sure you're a lovely guy, I would have a pint and bag of pork scratching with you but the Mike Basset thing won't work in the real world.

Writing him off before he had even had one game in charge?

1 minute ago, David said:

I wrote him off when Skybet started taking odds on him becoming the manager, at least I'm consistent 

There were no long balls yesterday really, probably why the media are making such a fuss about his Rooney comment instead!

45 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Yes i did. In comparison to how highly some rate him.... on that scale i would say that my statement is accurate

He's England's record goalscorer. On course to be England's most-capped player too. How highly can these people rate him to be over-rating him that much? Do some people think he's a scally Jesus and can cure skin conditions with a flick of his little freckled hand?

11 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

There were no long balls yesterday really, probably why the media are making such a fuss about his Rooney comment instead!

In all honesty I can see why. It was a bizarre and stupid thing for such an experienced manager to come out with. Rooney is already under intense pressure from the media because his England performances have been poor, he's playing in an unfamiliar position, his captaincy has been a period of complete and utter failure. Why would Sam exacerbate the situation by saying that Rooney essentially won't listen to him and he's apparently ok with that?

2 hours ago, Anon said:

In all honesty I can see why. It was a bizarre and stupid thing for such an experienced manager to come out with. Rooney is already under intense pressure from the media because his England performances have been poor, he's playing in an unfamiliar position, his captaincy has been a period of complete and utter failure. Why would Sam exacerbate the situation by saying that Rooney essentially won't listen to him and he's apparently ok with that?

I've not heard him say anywhere that Rooney won't listen to him.

I've heard him say that he doesn't need to tell Rooney where to play, essentially giving him a free role. Not the first and definitely not the last player that will be given a free role.

One of Allardyces biggest challenges is creating an environment where the players are happy, having them play in their preferred positions may be a good first step towards this.

It's just the media jumping on anything to create yet more drama for the England set up. Bet they were gutted when we scored a last minute winner. 

15 hours ago, satty atwal said:

Hardly against anyone seriously? 

On 4 September 2016 at 19:04, McLovin said:

Well that was a waste of time. And people say that Derby are boring.... Yes we won but it's the same old with England, ace the qualifiers then bottle it when it matters. How on earth donkey Henderson gets in the team I do not know. Dele should have started instead of him.

Waste of time ? Hahahaha just like your 5641 posts waste of time trying to be 'expert' 

Henderson can play DM and Dele can't there is a difference between these two. Maybe just maybe ONE DAY you'll get it in your head. 

50 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I've not heard him say anywhere that Rooney won't listen to him.

I've heard him say that he doesn't need to tell Rooney where to play, essentially giving him a free role. Not the first and definitely not the last player that will be given a free role.

One of Allardyces biggest challenges is creating an environment where the players are happy, having them play in their preferred positions may be a good first step towards this.

It's just the media jumping on anything to create yet more drama for the England set up. Bet they were gutted when we scored a last minute winner. 

Sorry, he didn't literally say that, but from the quotes I've read it's heavily implied.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37271746

"Wayne played wherever he wanted to,"

"It's not for me to say where he's going to play,"

I haven't actually heard the interview, so if these lines are being taken out of context by the media please let me know, but it doesn't reflect well on Allardyce or Rooney as it currently appears.

Since when was Rooney's preferred position deep lying central midfield? Linekar wouldn't have been allowed to play right back because he felt like a change of scenery, Shilton wouldn't have been allowed to have a go on the wing because he did Paul Parker once in training. Why is Wayne Rooney a special case.

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Waste of time ? Hahahaha just like your 5641 posts waste of time trying to be 'expert' 

Henderson can play DM and Dele can't there is a difference between these two. Maybe just maybe ONE DAY you'll get it in your head. 

Someone's got their knickers in a twist, no need to get so defensive Mr Henderson. Drinkwater can play DM too and I'd say he is much better at it than Henderson is. Drinkwater is used to playing in a 2 whereas at Liverpool Henderson has the protection of Can and Milner either side of him. England played MUCH better when Henderson came off and Dele came on. Henderson would be nowhere near the England team if he didn't play for Liverpool. 

Archived