Sam Allardyce Press Conference

Day

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

Lots of good technical midfield players with no pace. The only thing holding England back is the lack of a Chris Martin figure. 

Kane was pretty hopeless tonight. Hope he rediscovers his mono. 

What's holding Scotland back in Malta lol. 

Kane was poor though tonight. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Why do England managers hate Vardy? Should be one of the first namex on the teamsheet. Why do they love Rooney? Or Sterling? Neither should be near the squad.

• Drinkwater for Henderson
  • Alli for Rooney
  • Vardy for Sterling

More tempo, more invention and better finishing. Unfortunately the win might convince Sam he got it right, when it was a ponderous team moving the ball too slowly and not pressing high enough. Faults that doubtless sound familiar to us all!

Sterling has been great for City this season, hardly a surprise he has been starting. 

No matter who he picks he's going to struggle anyway, none of them can work together in a system or formation 

Rooney still plays despite being totally f****** useless at international level, he's been useless since Euro 2004 and yet no matter who's in charge they still pick him. They're even trying to push him into central midfield just to accommodate him, its pathetic if you ask me. 

Vardy despite being player of the year last season was an after thought, his chin didn't fit so he was never getting picked.

6 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

No matter who he picks he's going to struggle anyway, none of them can work together in a system or formation 

Rooney still plays despite being totally f****** useless at international level, he's been useless since Euro 2004 and yet no matter who's in charge they still pick him. They're even trying to push him into central midfield just to accommodate him, its pathetic if you ask me. 

Vardy despite being player of the year last season was an after thought, his chin didn't fit so he was never getting picked.

Big Sam seemed to suggest in his post match interview that he was just going to let rooney play as he pleased and wasn't going to tell him where he should go.

Wtf? What's big sams job again?

26 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Big Sam seemed to suggest in his post match interview that he was just going to let rooney play as he pleased and wasn't going to tell him where he should go.

None of them have got the bottle to drop him, and "Big" sam hasn't even got the bottle to give him an actual postion, you just do what you want, Wayne, play in goal if you like. 

"big sam" lol, he's just like the rest that the England job.... No balls.

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

To find a system that suits the players and brings the best out of them?

1 hour ago, DCFCArmy said:

Ive been saying he is ***** for us ever since failed 2008 campaign.... owen got injured and whole campaign went to pot. The most overated English striker ever bar none.... i get killed for sayin that vut would he have even got into previous squads ie 96? When we had shearer sheringham fowler ferdinand wright collymore cole.... and the closest example to rooney.... who was imo alot better than shrek.... matt le tissier.... managed to scrape a mere 8 caps.... rooney love ins infuriate me.... since 04 when yes granted he was unplayable.... he has scored 1 goal in 3 world cups and 1 goal in 2 euros... dire

1 hour ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Sterling has been great for City this season, hardly a surprise he has been starting. 

There've been three Premier League games. Three. I'm basing my judgement on all of last season and his performance at the Euros too. He would have to work his guts out week in week out until January at the earliest to get a place in my squad. It's too easy and comfortable for players at big name clubs. Vardy has done it week in week out for a long time and doesn't get a look in. Had he moved to Arsenal he'd have started for England tonight. Instead, Theo Walcott comes on!!!!

31 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Ive been saying he is ***** for us ever since failed 2008 campaign.... owen got injured and whole campaign went to pot. The most overated English striker ever bar none.... i get killed for sayin that vut would he have even got into previous squads ie 96? When we had shearer sheringham fowler ferdinand wright collymore cole.... and the closest example to rooney.... who was imo alot better than shrek.... matt le tissier.... managed to scrape a mere 8 caps.... rooney love ins infuriate me.... since 04 when yes granted he was unplayable.... he has scored 1 goal in 3 world cups and 1 goal in 2 euros... dire

The country's top scorer EVER. And at a time when the so called lesser nations have closed the gap on the so called bigger nations.

8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

There've been three Premier League games. Three. I'm basing my judgement on all of last season and his performance at the Euros too. He would have to work his guts out week in week out until January at the earliest to get a place in my squad. It's too easy and comfortable for players at big name clubs. Vardy has done it week in week out for a long time and doesn't get a look in. Had he moved to Arsenal he'd have started for England tonight. Instead, Theo Walcott comes on!!!!

I think that Vardy should have started over Kane and I agree with you that Walcott has no place in the England side, but I still think Sterling is being harshly picked on as he does seem to be on a good run of form at City. 

Rooney needs shifting out of this Englnd team. England best performances over the 4 years have all come when Rooney is not in the team. That 3-2 win over Germany? No Rooney slowing things down, taking extra touches on the ball and balooning 40 yard passes out of play. 

His 'go wherever you want role' tonight meant no one else on the team knew where he was supposed to be. It's alright giving world class players free-roles but you can't just plop them in the starting line up and expect everyone else to easily adapt to it.

The FA is the reason England are ****, it's those "football experts" that keep appointing dull managers that are happy to take draws from the likes of Slovakia.

Didnt watch yesterday, if that cancels my England fan status so be it, I've never felt so deflated by a managerial appointment, couldn't bring myself to watch. 

Imagine how the likes of Sterling feels going from Guardiola to Allardyce or Rooney Mourinho to Allardyce.

The FA have the ambition of a prune.

Not calling for his head, too late for that, let Sam have the World Cup flop then the FA can fire themselves and bring in a panel of ex pros that are football experts to bring in a suitable replacement.

Sorry Sam, sure you're a lovely guy, I would have a pint and bag of pork scratching with you but the Mike Basset thing won't work in the real world.

13 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

The country's top scorer EVER. And at a time when the so called lesser nations have closed the gap on the so called bigger nations.

You have missed the point entirely. Yes im aware he is the highest scorer.... done nothing when its mattered bar 04

13 hours ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

I think that Vardy should have started over Kane and I agree with you that Walcott has no place in the England side, but I still think Sterling is being harshly picked on as he does seem to be on a good run of form at City. 

If you cut the head of a chicken and put a number 7 shirt on his back, Hey presto Raheem Sterling.

I do agree about Rooney though, he needs to retire. Kane had a good season last year but he is not the finished article everyone says he is.

13 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I don't agree with that assessment. Who are the lesser nations who have closed the gap?

The Scandanavian sides, aside from Iceland, are all significantly weaker than their glory days in the 90's. The same can be said for Romania and Bulgaria.

The new sides who do present a challenge are only replacing previously strong nations than ceased to exist like Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia and the USSR.

Poland and Belgium are strong, but they always were, registering world cup semi final appearances in the 70s and 80s.

With the continued fragmentation of Europe into smaller and smaller nation states there has never been a better time to bag international goals against teams who have prohibitively small talent pools to select from.

2 hours ago, satty atwal said:

You have missed the point entirely. Yes im aware he is the highest scorer.... done nothing when its mattered bar 04

Except won a few Prem titles and a champions league? 

Internationally yes we may not be able to say he's done well in tournaments......

Yet have any other English player?

Name me a England side that could take Russia 2018 by storm?

England are a slow burner at the minute. The youth level is coming along quite nicely..... Doing very well in tournaments etc. Same as all the big hitters used to do. Give it another 5/6 years and you'll see a massive improvement st senior level.

We are at a transition..... It's a shame fans nowadays are WANT WANT WANT. 

As an aside, Mr Rooney has been relevant for over a decade and has scored plenty..... It's a shame this sad old country of ours decide to build people up to knock them down.

Critiscism is fine, cynicism and belittling ain't.

2 hours ago, satty atwal said:

Which England players have done it when it has mattered that make him so much more over rated than anyone else?

He has dragged us through virtually every qualifying campaign with his goals.

Archived