Sam Allardyce Press Conference

Day

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rashford is in the U21s, Hart's still our best keeper (and Butland's not fully fit); Sturridge is a good option off the bench if we need a goal - pleased he's ignored Barkley & Wilshere until they both prove they're worth the jersey - and Antonio is a good choice considering the form he's showing at the moment...not too many complaints from me - now we need to see if he can get them playing...

2 hours ago, David said:

Rumours are that Jordan Henderson is set to be named England captain. Words fail me.

I'll laugh when it's not him. 

On 8/29/2016 at 10:25, David said:

Left Rashford out due to a lack of starts this season.......picks Hart and Sturridge ?

Good. He learned nothing positive by being with the senior squad in the WC.

We need to stop giving players caps after running past two Sunderland defenders on their debut. I know it's tempting to play Rashford, because he looks decent. But a cap should mean something and young players shouldn't be rushed. 

On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 10:45, Gaspode said:

Rashford is in the U21s, Hart's still our best keeper (and Butland's not fully fit); Sturridge is a good option off the bench if we need a goal - pleased he's ignored Barkley & Wilshere until they both prove they're worth the jersey - and Antonio is a good choice considering the form he's showing at the moment...not too many complaints from me - now we need to see if he can get them playing...

Agree with this although I maybe would like Rashford off the bench. Also agree with David. Henderson shouldn't even be near an international side let alone captain IMO. My last point would be Rooney. I'd cut him out and build for the future. He let England down big time over the summer and he's not done England any favours in tournaments so what exactly would England be missing out on? Plan for the future Sam. Rooney isn't part of it.

5 minutes ago, Duracell said:

We need to stop giving players caps after running past two Sunderland defenders on their debut. I know it's tempting to play Rashford, because he looks decent. But a cap should mean something and young players shouldn't be rushed. 

I don't mind him missing out but don't use a lack of first team starts as an excuse for his exclusion when you pick Hart and Sturridge  

"Rooney to retire from international football in 2018". I'm properly ******* sick and tired of this trend now. You play for England until the manger decides he doesn't want to pick you anymore. It isn't complicated. I think we ought to start deducting caps from players who do this. Every time the national manager would've called the player up, but can't because they've retired from international football whilst still managing to play a full club season, one of their previous caps is removed.

3 hours ago, Duracell said:

You are right, but try telling that to about half the current squad

Archived