Lewis Grabban.

Seth's left foot

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Your absolutely right IMO. 

We have to trust "The Boss" in his playing staff selections, purchases and sales and the reasons for the decisions he takes. 

Totally trust in Pearson. He knows players across the champ and prem. He knows what players needed for promotion and survival. He purchased Wes Morgan from forest and I thought that was an odd one as didn't rate him that much. We all know what happened there! 

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

Not a prayer of that happening. The vocal chords are warming up already...

Give it time he has a lot of damaged players to rebuild following last seasons debacle. 

The players will work for him just need to remove the negativity from the ranks first. 

A couple of good results and the wagons in motion. 

Steikers that can score will be a start and Vydra can do that I'm sure. 

20 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Maybe Pearson is also considering the mental attributes too that we're not 100% privilege too. Such as attitude and effort. We're only seeing what happens on the pitch and not behind closed doors

Maybe you're right, we don't know, but there was nothing wrong with Martin when previous managers actually tried to get the best out of him. I get that Pearson wants to change our playing style but in my opinion that is a mistake, and in my opinion Grabban is significantly worse than Chris Martin.

11 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Maybe you're right, we don't know, but there was nothing wrong with Martin when previous managers actually tried to get the best out of him. I get that Pearson wants to change our playing style but in my opinion that is a mistake, and in my opinion Grabban is significantly worse than Chris Martin.

Yes his attitude then was probably good. But things change. He may not be happy now and may not want to give all to the club. If that's the case then surely we need something else?

The playing style is a big question that is still to be answered? 

At the moment it looks like Pearson has changed it, but is he just evolving it? But the response from the players (those that he'll inevitably move on) isn't good enough to take on the new requirements?

Our playing style has yet to see us get results consistently and that's what's needed if we're going to get promoted and survive.

Any player is a risk. You have to give him a chance.

Martin is a great player and I don't believe any of the comments about his attitude. He will be sold though as he just isn't going to fit into NP's way of playing. 

Lots of players will go as they cannot play the NP way. 

I just hope the NP way works! 

4 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Yes his attitude then was probably good. But things change. He may not be happy now and may not want to give all to the club. If that's the case then surely we need something else?

The playing style is a big question that is still to be answered? 

At the moment it looks like Pearson has changed it, but is he just evolving it? But the response from the players (those that he'll inevitably move on) isn't good enough to take on the new requirements?

Our playing style has yet to see us get results consistently and that's what's needed if we're going to get promoted and survive.

I think if that's the case then it is sad and it'll be the club that's driven him away. I'm not a psychologist but if you know what you can do when your strengths are targeted it must be terrible for morale when balls are lumped to your head all game. I've always thought a good manager adapts to the players at his disposal rather than get rid of them but maybe that's me being old fashioned. After all, Guardiola is bombing Joe Hart out as well so maybe that's the way now.

And as for your last point, I suppose it depends on what you want to see. I'd rather see players I have a genuine affinity to win games playing exciting football at this level rather than us buying our way to boring mid table after boring mid table in the Premiership. If we don't get promoted so be it but if we win the league this year it will have to go some way to being a better season than 13/14. I feel such indifference to so many of the players in the squad at the minute that stuff like this (if it's true of course) just serves to drive me away. That could be me being a really terrible fan of course but that's the way it's going for me.

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

I think if that's the case then it is sad and it'll be the club that's driven him away. I'm not a psychologist but if you know what you can do when your strengths are targeted it must be terrible for morale when balls are lumped to your head all game. I've always thought a good manager adapts to the players at his disposal rather than get rid of them but maybe that's me being old fashioned. After all, Guardiola is bombing Joe Hart out as well so maybe that's the way now.

And as for your last point, I suppose it depends on what you want to see. I'd rather see players I have a genuine affinity to win games playing exciting football at this level rather than us buying our way to boring mid table after boring mid table in the Premiership. If we don't get promoted so be it but if we win the league this year it will have to go some way to being a better season than 13/14. I feel such indifference to so many of the players in the squad at the minute that stuff like this (if it's true of course) just serves to drive me away. That could be me being a really terrible fan of course but that's the way it's going for me.

You're forgetting that exciting football was the best part of three years ago, and all the players have gone through some severe heart ache since then, and so have the fans.

I'm just of the opinion that that era was a bit of a perfect storm... and whilst I still like a lot of the players still here from that period, a fresh start for the player and us could be the best thing for both.

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

Martin didn't score many in the second half of last season with a different manager/coach? Every player has a peak and Martin may have had his!

Good managers get results, period! Pearson has proved he can get results with previous clubs. He didn't come in to Derby and change everything straight away. He's had months to measure the players and certain ones have not hit those requirements.

We should have been moving players on over the last two seasons, but we didn't! So know we've gone a little stale and need to make changes.

I played football because I enjoyed winning! I watch football because I enjoy watching a winning side. If Pearson builds a winning side we'll all enjoy watching them.

To me achieving mid table premier wouldn't be a failure it'd be a massive success. It's the most competitive league in the world! However first we need to build a team that can get us promoted and keep us there!

Just now, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Martin didn't score many in the second half of last season with a different manager/coach? Every player has a peak and Martin may have had his!

Good managers get results, period! Pearson has proved he can get results with previous clubs. He didn't come in to Derby and change everything straight away. He's had months to measure the players and certain ones have not hit those requirements.

Good managers get result but players don't? What nonsense. What if Pearson has hit his peak then?!

32 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I don't mind Grabban, but he wouldn't be my choice.

On the other hand, I think Afobe would be an excellent option; He's proven and he's got everything we're looking for. 

I think Afobe is quite similar to Vydra?

Explosive pace from the shoulder of the last man (without starting 3 yards offside ahem Bent) where as Grabban is the type of striker who can lead a line, hold the ball up, challenge in the air whilst having pace to press too. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Good managers get result but players don't? What nonsense. What if Pearson has hit his peak then?!

Maybe he has but have we given him a chance before writing him off? These players have had 3 seasons to get promoted! Some of them need moving on!

Archived