Ugly forum - it's only five games

Carl Sagan

I just logged in and my word the forum is an ugly place tonight. Even after we've brokenn our transfer record to bring in a fine Czech international striker...

It's only five games. The season we went up under the useless Scottish git if memory serves both us and Sunderland were in the relegation zone after five games. We have a new manager. It's going to take time. His team won the Premier League last season. A team that cost far less to assemble than ours. Let's give the guy a break and a little time and it will start coming together.

Happily we have an international break so the manager gets extra time with the players to work on getting better. Sadly that means there's more time for some of you to moan and boo because we're not already top of the table. Cheer up you miserable bunch. Maybe it will calm you down to watch a video of a cat knocking his mate into a swimming pool.

Post more funny cat videos. They make everyonne feel better!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I just logged in and my word the forum is an ugly place tonight. Even after we've brokenn our transfer record to bring in a fine Czech international striker...

It's only five games. The season we went up under the useless Scottish git if memory serves both us and Sunderland were in the relegation zone after five games. We have a new manager. It's going to take time. His team won the Premier League last season. A team that cost far less to assemble than ours. Let's give the guy a break and a little time and it will start coming together.

Happily we have an international break so the manager gets extra time with the players to work on getting better. Sadly that means there's more time for some of you to moan and boo because we're not already top of the table. Cheer up you miserable bunch. Maybe it will calm you down to watch a video of a cat knocking his mate into a swimming pool.

Couldn't agree more here! 

Thank You Carl .. Needed a steady hand on this ... We are 4 points off the playoffs (actually 4 points off 3rd in the league ) so for all the worries there is ample time for it all to come together. Better now than a Christmas meltdown. 

It Will come together .. Think about how we played in 2 legs against Hull .. Different teams and players ? Not really.

It isn't  about players and formations it's about self belief and team play. 3 bad results in 5 games isn't the end of the world. It will come right, keep the faith. 

11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Some common sense at last!!

11 hours ago, Garry said:

I just hope there is enough money for a cm captain who can dictate play and a better rb  defensively. Hope the cheq int doest end up playing as bad as bj. I think martin knows he's on his way out too

You're a bundle of fun aren't you - you'll feel at home here with posts like that!

20 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

At last, someone who feels the same way as me. Although I got lambasted when I posted pretty much the same last week.

I'd love to agree with you @Carl Sagan, I really would. 

But Pearson has been with the squad nearly 5 months now, and we aren't seeing any signs that he, or the team, are learning what the other is about. The tactics are confused, as are the players, it would appear.

Under Clement we saw signs of a strategy. It wasn't inspiring, maybe it wasn't the right way to play, but it was a way.

Feeling like a broken record.. Can only hope the international break (and some Pearson signings) gives him what he requires.

Archived