Tom Carroll

Whoneedshuls

Report: Derby County battling Swansea in race to re-sign Tottenham ace Tom Carroll

Derby County and Swansea City are keen to re-sign Tom Carroll.

According to The Mirror, Derby County are in a battle with Swansea City as both teams look to re-sign Tottenham Hotspurmidfielder Tom Carroll.

The Rams have been quiet in the summer transfer window, with new manager Nigel Pearson so far failing to bring in any new signings – and just five days away from the transfer deadline, fans are hoping to see some activity.

After scoring just one league goal in four games, Derby need some reinforcements, and a former loan midfielder is being linked with a possible return to the iPro Stadium.

The Mirror report that Derby are interested in signing Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Tom Carroll, who may be allowed to leave White Hart Lane before Wednesday's transfer deadline.

Probably just lazy journalism but thought I'd share :) 

link to site

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/26/report-derby-county-battling-swansea-in-race-to-re-sign-tottenha/

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He would be a good signing. I know he was poor for us when he was on loan, but that was four years ago. 

I don't think he's what we need though. I would suggest that we need to look as far and wide as possible to get a clone of George Thorne. 

Someone in the middle of the park that is always available, can tackle, pass and shoot. 

Completely the wrong type of player needed, our midfield is lightweight enough! We need a big, nasty, 6ft+ unit in the middle of the park crunching into tackles and breaking up the play allowing our creative players like Hughes, Butterfield and Bryson license to get forward and feed Martin, Bent etc. 

Someone in the Rohan ince mould. 

We had the perfect guy in Thorne, but we just cant rely on him for fitness. We need to replace him sooner rather than later.  

45 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

My good lord. One of the worst players we have had on loan.

Our midfield is utterly pathetic at the minute. But he would make it worse. 

He was a kid when he played for us last time.

To be fair on the lad he's not the same player talent wise we had here on loan. However, I must agree with others that he's still not the type of player we need right now (unless your shipping out 2/3 current players). 

We do need a solid midfielder who can cut off passing lanes, tackle, track a runner and pass a ball forward with a sense of urgency and pace as a new (not cover) George Thorne. I say new because for me George would be the cover due to his injury record. 

Archived