''everybody tells me about how our players best play''

Jon_Grooves

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

That's the point, keep your best players and give them better supporting players, improve the overall of the team. No need to replace our better players with players of a similar ability as we will be exactly in the same position.

Of course I agree with that. 

Right now it's all a bit raw for all us Derby Fans. 

Im gutted about last night. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, curtains said:

Of course I agree with that. 

Right now it's all a bit raw for all us Derby Fans. 

Im gutted about last night. 

I think everyone of our fans is gutted. We have needed a little tinkering with because we all know that really this team is as good as any in the division, we have played most teams of the park, we just need to build on the weakest links, not tear down the whole thing and start again or whatever it is we are trying to do.

7 minutes ago, rynny said:

I think everyone of our fans is gutted. We have needed a little tinkering with because we all know that really this team is as good as any in the division, we have played most teams of the park, we just need to build on the weakest links, not tear down the whole thing and start again or whatever it is we are trying to do.

Your the sense of reason mate. 

Lets just hope for the best from now on and hope Pearson can turn it around. 

Its not just Pearson though he has a very good back room team backing him up and will need advice from them.  

I have said it before on here he will miss the likes of Shakespeare and Walsh who were a lot to do with Leicester and Pearson success. 

Walsh now at Everton and Shakespeare still at Leicester but helping big Sam at England now. 

43 minutes ago, rynny said:

I think everyone of our fans is gutted. We have needed a little tinkering with because we all know that really this team is as good as any in the division, we have played most teams of the park

Not since the beginning of the Mclaren melt down we havent, hardly been an outstanding performance since then.

, we just need to build on the weakest links, not tear down the whole thing and start again or whatever it is we are trying to do.

see above, the performances have been declining for a season and a half, there are no weak links as such but as a group the squad faulters when the pressure is on. Wembley, Reading in 14-15 to miss out on the playoffs, Hull (H) playoffs last year making the away leg pressure free up intil 3-2 on aggregate, then the pressure of having a chance hit and we created nothing else all game.

1 hour ago, JaguarRam said:

We are a top 6 playoff side. We didn't require rebuilding.

I have seen nothing to suggest that.  Without cm goals we are a poor team.  The question whether he is past his best or whether the tactics don't suit him or both.  One thing the last 3 years have shown, relying on him makes us a good side but not one good enough for promotion.  We have never cracked that plan b, provide an alternative when he has been marked out of games or was slightly off his game.  Not blaming him btw

30 minutes ago, rynny said:

Does that little tinkering include realising that both Hughes and Bryson having to collect the ball from between Shackell and Keogh in order to start a move most of the game? Because it was painfully obvious sat at the game, given past exploits, their talents further forward are wasted whilst they are doing that.

2 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Does that little tinkering include realising that both Hughes and Bryson having to collect the ball from between Shackell and Keogh in order to start a move most of the game? Because it was painfully obvious sat at the game, given past exploits, their talents further forward are wasted whilst they are doing that.

Think that is what I am saying in this post

2 hours ago, davenportram said:

Not since the beginning of the Mclaren melt down we havent, hardly been an outstanding performance since then.

see above, the performances have been declining for a season and a half, there are no weak links as such but as a group the squad faulters when the pressure is on. Wembley, Reading in 14-15 to miss out on the playoffs, Hull (H) playoffs last year making the away leg pressure free up intil 3-2 on aggregate, then the pressure of having a chance hit and we created nothing else all game.

But we have played teams off the park, look at the Hull league game at home, it is still in the players.

The spine of the team is good enough, when we play to our strengths, if they wasn't we would have been anywhere near the playoffs last season, and that was without Hughes and Bryson for the most part. If you look at 2 of those 3 games the thing that was missing the most was Thorne and playing some players in a position where they weren't at their most effective. Hull away we lost a lot when Weimann went off, and the players started to tire.

I have some sympathy with Pearson - but not much, I hate the way we are trying/ performing in every match this season, I have gone from optimistic ( some twicks to what we had) to I see no entertainment on offer, I don't pay to see results only I want to be entertained 

Did he really say this?

To know this he should've watched any number of the matches we've played over the last several seasons (lord knows they're all available on Rams Player, so they can't be that hard to find.) He should've done that before he arrived and if he didn't that should be a massive concern to everybody because that's the least he should've have done beefore pre-season started.

In any case the way he's getting us playing at the moment is miles away from how we've played before. Different formation, different tactics. If he really thinks what he's doing is an attempt to replicate that then he's thicker than block of concrete.

Archived