''everybody tells me about how our players best play''

Jon_Grooves

Interesting comment by Pearson post Burton.

He said he used a system which everybody tells him its how the players best play.... soooo whos influenced Pearson to play a certain way? Thats how i took that anyway.

Can anyone else give another explanation on why he said that?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jon_Grooves said:

He said he used a system which everybody tells him its how the players best play.... soooo whos influenced Pearson to play a certain way? Thats how i took that anyway.

Well he certainly disguised it well.

8 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Listening to Powell perhaps, who managed against us last year?

Kev and Pascal, coaches from here last season?

Can't think of anyone else who might have influenced him.

The players

6 hours ago, Jon_Grooves said:

Hughes playing almost in a back 5, Martin isolated up front starved of any real balls that he can control, Butterfield on the wing, Ince pushed as wide as butterfield and looking even more uncomfortable, aimless punts up field from the two CH's, very little overlapping from the full backs- that isn't the system I would say best suits our current players. 

Two strikers who run the channels with pace will be a lot better than a one trick cut inside pony like ince, a tryer without any real threat in Russell and a mardy centre forward who looks like the same player he was at all his previous clubs Martin (the old system he was brilliant in was found out and needed a shake up / he cant play any other way) and their replacement Bent and Blackmen are really not up to the job.... with two new forwards and Camara ,Weimann and Wilson it will completely freshen up the side and allow the midfield to pass to moving targets....

The players simply aren't trying hard enough, aren't working hard enough, and a number of them will have to leave so Pearson can build his own team. I suspect Pearson will be given time so it may be September 2017 before we're playing how Pesrson wants us to play. I predict a lot of change.

1 hour ago, WystonRam said:

Hughes playing almost in a back 5, Martin isolated up front starved of any real balls that he can control, Butterfield on the wing, Ince pushed as wide as butterfield and looking even more uncomfortable, aimless punts up field from the two CH's, very little overlapping from the full backs- that isn't the system I would say best suits our current players. 

Excellent post. I am at a complete loss to why people are suggesting a complete clear out and giving Pearson 20 years to build a team and not seeing the tactics are wrong! 

I don't want us to sack Pearson (I did last night but I have never been more angry)  but he needs to try and get the best out of our players by adapting his tactics to play to our strengths.

The players look lost and it's not about spending years rebuilding or chucking 10 million on a new player and hoping he makes your system work. It is about getting your best players and playing to there strengths. Getting rid of the fringe players that have contributed nothing and bringing through the youngsters. 

We are a top 6 playoff side. We didn't require rebuilding.

4 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

Excellent post. I am at a complete loss to why people are suggesting a complete clear out and giving Pearson 20 years to build a team and not seeing the tactics are wrong! 

I don't want us to sack Pearson (I did last night but I have never been more angry)  but he needs to try and get the best out of our players by adapting his tactics to play to our strengths.

The players look lost and it's not about spending years rebuilding or chucking 10 million on a new player and hoping he makes your system work. It is about getting your best players and playing to there strengths. Getting rid of the fringe players that have contributed nothing and bringing through the youngsters. 

We are a top 6 playoff side. We didn't require rebuilding.

We lost 3-0 at home to Hull in the playoffs though. 

Thats shows a frailty right. 

We also lost 3-0 at home to Reading the season before to miss the top 6 and the playoffs .

That shows another frailty right. 

Were you mad after those games. 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

We also lost 3-0 at home to Reading the season before to miss the top 6 and the playoffs .

Name me a side that don't lose big games? 

Hull game we lost Thorne and Hanson and played Hughes out of position.

6 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

Name me a side that don't lose big games? 

Hull game we lost Thorne and Hanson and played Hughes out of position.

True but it happens too often to us .

Playoff Final we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory 

26 minutes ago, curtains said:

Were you mad after those games. 

That's the point, keep your best players and give them better supporting players, improve the overall of the team. No need to replace our better players with players of a similar ability as we will be exactly in the same position.

Archived