Scott Hogan

JayRam1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because you personally don't like a player doesn't mean he's going to be a success or not! Hogan could rip up trees if he came here, he could also fail dramatically. You can very rarely find a player who is a dead cert. Brad Johnson is the perfect example of this. Mel has addressed the scouting by employing two top scouts so can we please get off the owners back and support whoever comes to the club. 

Sick of fans who complain that we spend too much but also whine when an unproven player gets a chance. Pearson will have the final say on signings so put your faith in the gaffer! 

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, dajstrawb said:

10-15 decent games and a few goals. £7m. Welcome to English football

I agree £ 7 million? After 14?games? Madness. 

11 hours ago, sage said:

What is the source for the £7m fee before everyone gets their knickers in a twist 

HITC have an article "Brentford's Scott Hogan a £7m Hull City target".

They then cite their source as "Wednesday's Sun Newspaper (Page 51)". Now I don't read the Sun, but I'm willing to bet that that page housed the rumour mill crap that day.

So there is no real source for the £7m. Should be disregarded. Won't be, of course. 

I rate Hogan, his goal scoring is very good at every level he's played at and I think he'd be a good addition at Derby. However, with his injury record it would be a massive gamble to sign him, brother.

Derby boss Nigel Pearson is keen to add to his attacking options at the iPro Stadium and he sees Hogan as someone who could prove the difference in their bid to win promotion to the Premier League.

Hull and Derby are both understood to have made bids of £7million for Hogan and are waiting to see if Brentford will accept their offers.

From a HITC article. Pete O'Rourke

4 hours ago, SaintRam said:

HITC have an article "Brentford's Scott Hogan a £7m Hull City target".

They then cite their source as "Wednesday's Sun Newspaper (Page 51)". Now I don't read the Sun, but I'm willing to bet that that page housed the rumour mill crap that day.

So there is no real source for the £7m. Should be disregarded. Won't be, of course. 

Not heard anything from @Bris Vegas on this, He is a HITC football wallah. 

12 minutes ago, sage said:

Not heard anything from @Bris Vegas on this, He is a HITC football wallah. 

HITC seem to be a collection of writers independent of each other who write articles on stuff that other people have written for other news outlets. 

Sometimes its useful to see stuff that was in small publications or foreign ones, and opinion pieces (which seems to be what Bris mostly does) can be interesting, but when it comes to stuff from a national paper it's just another gear on the rumour mill.

Archived