Andre Grey has been a naughty boy..........4 years ago

Day

On 26 September 2016 at 07:39, G STAR RAM said:

I think it's ridiculous if I'm being honest.

His personal views should have nothing to do with the FA, he probably wrote the tweet when he had about 10 followers! 

They have set a dangerous precedent here, are they going to review every professional football players twitter for the last 4 years? 

What about players that used homophobic language when they were in the school playground, are they next?

So it's ok that he wrote these comments because only 10 people could see them? His personal views should have nothing to do with the FA? 

Pretty sure if my employers found out that I had made them sort of comments in a public domain irrespective of when that was, they would look into and and probably even take some action...I suppose in your still living in the 80's it's ok though.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

So it's ok that he wrote these comments because only 10 people could see them? His personal views should have nothing to do with the FA? 

Pretty sure if my employers found out that I had made them sort of comments in a public domain irrespective of when that was, they would look into and and probably even take some action...I suppose in your still living in the 80's it's ok though.

Yes I believe people should be allowed their personal beliefs and I would prefer to live in the 80s than live in a completely politically correct world where everything is scrutinised and people try their best to be offended by things.

I will applaud you though if throughout your whole life you have never said anything that might offend someone...well done you.

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes I believe people should be allowed their personal beliefs and I would prefer to live in the 80s than live in a completely politically correct world where everything is scrutinised and people try their best to be offended by things.

I will applaud you though if throughout your whole life you have never said anything that might offend someone...well done you.

Saying something that offended someone, yes plenty of times.  Stating that I wish someone would burn or die, then no, I can honestly say I have never been guilty of that.  

I don't applaud you for feeling this is an acceptable view to take whatever their personal beliefs, and I wonder what your feelings would have been if this had been someone referring to westerners or white people for example instead of gays, that would still be ok I presume?

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

Saying something that offended someone, yes plenty of times.  Stating that I wish someone would burn or die, then no, I can honestly say I have never been guilty of that.  

I don't applaud you for feeling this is an acceptable view to take whatever their personal beliefs, and I wonder what your feelings would have been if this had been someone referring to westerners or white people for example instead of gays, that would still be ok I presume?

Yes because I bet he honestly thinks that all gay people should burn and die. 

Don't worry I'm not after your applause nor do I really care what you think of my personal beliefs.

If someone had posted something on Twitter saying they hope westerners burn or die I would think they are idiots, as I do with what Gray said, but I would not be offended or cause a big fuss, I would just question why I was wasting my life reading such dross. 

23 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes because I bet he honestly thinks that all gay people should burn and die. 

Don't worry I'm not after your applause nor do I really care what you think of my personal beliefs.

If someone had posted something on Twitter saying they hope westerners burn or die I would think they are idiots, as I do with what Gray said, but I would not be offended or cause a big fuss, I would just question why I was wasting my life reading such dross. 

Do you not think there should be a distinction between threats and insults? If Gray had just included the tag #makesmesick on it's own I'd agree that whilst his tweet was distasteful the FA would have no business imposing a ban. Surely we need to consider the wider implications of threats going unpunished. What if I followed you around the forum, replying to all your posts and stating every single time that you were a disgraceful degenerate who should be infected with aids? Would it be justified if every time someone complained about my language or needlessly confrontational demeanor I could just pass it off "epic bantz"?

On 27/09/2016 at 13:10, G STAR RAM said:

Big difference between believing in something and publishing it though. 

Also, the number of followers he had when he wrote the tweet is irrelevant, if he leaves it for the world to see now. There was nothing stopping him undoing his 'mistake' by deleting it any point between now and 2012, yet he didn't. 

35 minutes ago, Anon said:

Do you not think there should be a distinction between threats and insults? If Gray had just included the tag #makesmesick on it's own I'd agree that whilst his tweet was distasteful the FA would have no business imposing a ban. Surely we need to consider the wider implications of threats going unpunished. What if I followed you around the forum, replying to all your posts and stating every single time that you were a disgraceful degenerate who should be infected with aids? Would it be justified if every time someone complained about my language or needlessly confrontational demeanor I could just pass it off "epic bantz"?

I am not aware of him making any direct threats, if he did then I would have thought the police would have taken action rather than leaving the FA to sort it 4 years later.

Regarding calling me a disgraceful degenerate, I can't argue with that, post it...I reckon you would get at least 100 likes! Think the aids bit is taking it a bit far though!

In all honesty though, if you did post something like that I know the site is well enough marshalled that it would be taken down. That's one reason why I don't understand why so many people use Twitter when it is a platform for faceless ******.

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I am not aware of him making any direct threats, if he did then I would have thought the police would have taken action rather than leaving the FA to sort it 4 years later.

Regarding calling me a disgraceful degenerate, I can't argue with that, post it...I reckon you would get at least 100 likes! Think the aids bit is taking it a bit far though!

In all honesty though, if you did post something like that I know the site is well enough marshalled that it would be taken down. That's one reason why I don't understand why so many people use Twitter when it is a platform for faceless ******.

I suppose you're correct in that we're on rocky ground trying to decide if the use of certain hashtags represent a direct threat.

Sorry about the aids thing, but I posted the worst thing I could think of since I'm trying to construct a slippery slope argument.

I completely agree regarding twitter. It's an awful platform where the format pretty much encourages people to converse solely in insults.

10 minutes ago, Anon said:

Sorry about the aids thing, but I posted the worst thing I could think of since I'm trying to construct a slippery slope arguments.

Too late, I've reported you to the FA.

Archived