Andre Grey has been a naughty boy..........4 years ago

Day

The Football Association has charged Burnley's Andre Gray with misconduct over homophobic posts by the striker on Twitter in 2012.

One tweet from the 25-year-old Premier League player's account appeared to condone killing gay people.

The tweets from four years ago were posted when Gray was playing for non-league Hinckley United.

Gray, who is charged with bringing the game into disrepute, has until 6pm on 31 August to respond to the charge.

He apologised and asked "for forgiveness" for the posts, saying he was now a "completely different person" and did not "hold the beliefs written in those tweets".

The posts, which also contained offensive terms, were deleted on Saturday soon after being highlighted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37169558

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, David said:

The Football Association has charged Burnley's Andre Gray with misconduct over homophobic posts by the striker on Twitter in 2012.

One tweet from the 25-year-old Premier League player's account appeared to condone killing gay people.

The tweets from four years ago were posted when Gray was playing for non-league Hinckley United.

Gray, who is charged with bringing the game into disrepute, has until 6pm on 31 August to respond to the charge.

He apologised and asked "for forgiveness" for the posts, saying he was now a "completely different person" and did not "hold the beliefs written in those tweets".

The posts, which also contained offensive terms, were deleted on Saturday soon after being highlighted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37169558

Hard to know what to think, idiot for saying them, but 4 years is a long time. That said you are guilty of something regardless of how long ago it was.

• 5 weeks later...

What kind of sad, lifeless, goon would be trawling a footballers historic tweets to find stuff to be outraged about? He's an idiot for writing it, and since it has been brought the the FA's attention they have to ban him. Maybe one day people will learn not to use their real names on the internet, then you can act like a complete ******** with impunity.

Anon.:ph34r:

12 hours ago, Anon said:

What kind of sad, lifeless, goon would be trawling a footballers historic tweets to find stuff to be outraged about? He's an idiot for writing it, and since it has been brought the the FA's attention they have to ban him. Maybe one day people will learn not to use their real names on the internet, then you can act like a complete ******** with impunity.

Anon.:ph34r:

Probably the same guy who sued Subway for selling him a sandwich that was 11 1/2 inches long, even though it was advertised as a footlong sub. That's why there's an asterix next the word 'footlong' every time you go to a Subway, anywhere in the world.

A bit like when you get some garments that say you must ensure you're not wearing them whilst ironing.

They should have taken away every goal he ever scored and readjusted the league to reflect what would have happened without them...we might have gone up then...

seriously, he is a dick of the highest order, hanging out with a big bunch of other *****.... What he said was worthy of a much longer ban in my opinion. 

I think it's ridiculous if I'm being honest.

His personal views should have nothing to do with the FA, he probably wrote the tweet when he had about 10 followers! 

They have set a dangerous precedent here, are they going to review every professional football players twitter for the last 4 years? 

What about players that used homophobic language when they were in the school playground, are they next?

10 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think it's ridiculous if I'm being honest.

His personal views should have nothing to do with the FA, he probably wrote the tweet when he had about 10 followers! 

They have set a dangerous precedent here, are they going to review every professional football players twitter for the last 4 years? 

What about players that used homophobic language when they were in the school playground, are they next?

I think the problem comes from the tags used. The tweet I think he's been banned for reads, "Is it me or are there gays everywhere?" followed by the tags #burn and #die. That could easily be construed as inciting violence. I'm probably giving the FA too much credit though. I doubt the organisation that banned Robert Huth for playing a game where you had to guess if someone was transsexual or not from a picture are particularly concerned about context or free speech.

38 minutes ago, Anon said:

I think the problem comes from the tags used. The tweet I think he's been banned for reads, "Is it me or are there gays everywhere?" followed by the tags #burn and #die. That could easily be construed as inciting violence. I'm probably giving the FA too much credit though. I doubt the organisation that banned Robert Huth for playing a game where you had to guess if someone was transsexual or not from a picture are particularly concerned about context or free speech.

Just another money making exercise to pay for Wembley...

On 25/09/2016 at 17:45, MuespachRam said:

They should have taken away every goal he ever scored and readjusted the league to reflect what would have happened without them...we might have gone up then...

seriously, he is a dick of the highest order, hanging out with a big bunch of other *****.... What he said was worthy of a much longer ban in my opinion. 

Yes it was very bad what he wrote, but why wasnt he punished at the time?  Its Burnley who are being punished now when they had nothing to do with it.

2 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yes it was very bad what he wrote, but why wasnt he punished at the time?  Its Burnley who are being punished now when they had nothing to do with it.

They interviewed him for the job, they have employed a sexist homophobic pr1ck therefore they deserve every bit of punishment coming their way. Personally I think the punishment is way to light.

48 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

They interviewed him for the job, they have employed a sexist homophobic pr1ck therefore they deserve every bit of punishment coming their way. Personally I think the punishment is way to light.

Firstly, is it really the employers responsibility to sift through several year old social media posts? Secondly, I probably haven't seen all the posts, but the only one I consider worthy of a ban is the one I posted above. The others are ignorant and cruel, but I fail to see how they fall under the FA's jurisdiction.

5 hours ago, Anon said:

Firstly, is it really the employers responsibility to sift through several year old social media posts? Secondly, I probably haven't seen all the posts, but the only one I consider worthy of a ban is the one I posted above. The others are ignorant and cruel, but I fail to see how they fall under the FA's jurisdiction.

They don't have to sift through his Twitter feed to realise he is a pr1ck that much would be obvious on first meeting him. But yes, it is a huge part of an HR persons job these days to look at their social media posts etc I would have thought, I know our HR department do it. 

He deserved a huge ban, he got off very lightly  the stupid little tosser. 

Archived