Andre Wisdom - Signed for Red Bull Salzburg

David

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wisdom is liked partly because he was associated with our best period of recent times. When he played he was the more defensive of the fullbacks allowing Fozzy to bomb on down the other wing. Of course he's a good player but is he better for us than Christie who is much more offensive? Some people claim Cyrus has no end product but against Villa he put in beautiful pinpoint crosses for both Martin and Bent who should have done much better, two of the nest chances of a game of very few chances.

Although we've not yet set the division ablaze with total football, we do have the best defensive record with Christie playing in every game. If we are going to change at fullback, Yedlin looks a much more likely fit with the Pearson system and speedy attacking fullbacks than Andre.

I've not been following Wisdom since he left us but maybe he's managed to get a centre half berth? He doesn't seem to have been able to establish himself at West Brom or Norwich. Obviously he fitted well at Derby and that's really important and would make his return less of a risk, but I'm not convinced he'd walk into the first team.

Think too much is being read into this at this stage,

He's tweeted about Derby ever since Andre was here. He was watching the youths yesterday, maybe he's getting into a line of work related to youth football? 

Or just wanted to stop by. Based on his tweets when Wisdom was here, he made some friends within the club.

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

When he played he was the more defensive of the fullbacks allowing Fozzy to bomb on down the other wing. Of course he's a good player but is he better for us than Christie who is much more offensive?

Although we've not yet set the division ablaze with total football, we do have the best defensive record with Christie playing in every game. If we are going to change at fullback, Yedlin looks a much more likely fit with the Pearson system and speedy attacking fullbacks than Andre.

Wisdom is twice the player Chrstie will ever be. Fast, intelligent, strong as an ox! 

Wisom was frightening when he got forward, I forget who it was against but he ran the entire right flank at the speed of a gazelle and produced an absolute worldie of a cross straight into Martins path, it was sublime.

i'd have him back here in a heartbeat! Top quality player. 

He parks where we wwwaaaaannntttssssss

5 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Wisdom is twice the player Chrstie will ever be. Fast, intelligent, strong as an ox! 

Wisom was frightening when he got forward, I forget who it was against but he ran the entire right flank at the speed of a gazelle and produced an absolute worldie of a cross straight into Martins path, it was sublime.

i'd have him back here in a heartbeat! Top quality player. 

He parks where we wwwaaaaannntttssssss

I really do think people's memory of Wisdom is a little tinted.

Statistically he was our poorest starter that season and has had dreadful time on loan at prem clubs.

His average rating on sites that do that sort of thing is quite a way lower than Christie's. 

I think it says something that people will make statements like "twice the player Christie will ever be" when evidence can be provided that supports the argument that Christie is already better. 

Archived