McGregor v Diaz 2

David

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 05:39, David said:

What. A. Fight! Wow! 

Had it Diaz myself but that wouldn't have set up 3 for the UFC golden boy ?

really, the MAC sat him on his arse three times and mashed his face so bad his own mother wouldn't recognise him, soft skin :lol:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course but it's not the only way of scoring points, Diaz but heavy strikes in on McGregor and rocked him, 3rd round another 10 seconds and it would have been over, throw in the takedown, clinches Diaz looked to me as the winner. Seen other fighters say the same.

Wouldn't be as financial rewarding to the UFC to see McGregor lose that tho. 

6 minutes ago, David said:

Of course but it's not the only way of scoring points, Diaz but heavy strikes in on McGregor and rocked him, 3rd round another 10 seconds and it would have been over, throw in the takedown, clinches Diaz looked to me as the winner. Seen other fighters say the same.

Wouldn't be as financial rewarding to the UFC to see McGregor lose that tho. 

controversial David, you saying the Mac won because he made more money for UFC, really? we are not watching WWE.

I would have expected Diaz to win because he is naturally the heavier fighter and Mac had to come up massively, he still failed.

12 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

controversial David, you saying the Mac won because he made more money for UFC, really? we are not watching WWE.

I would have expected Diaz to win because he is naturally the heavier fighter and Mac had to come up massively, he still failed.

It was a seriously close fight and to be fair it could have easily gone either way. Just can't help but feel McGregor winning was great for the UFC and may have been on some minds. Aldo, the trilogy, Mayweather....all look so much better $$$ now he's not coming off the back of 2 defeats.

I'm a McGregor fanboy, love the guy, tactics spot on......bit gutted Diaz didn't finish him in the 3rd tho, was on for £120 now he's even more of a fecking millionaire 

Screen Shot 2016-08-22 at 18.06.25.png

3 minutes ago, David said:

It was a seriously close fight and to be fair it could have easily gone either way. Just can't help but feel McGregor winning was great for the UFC and may have been on some minds. Aldo, the trilogy, Mayweather....all look so much better $$$ now he's not coming off the back of 2 defeats.

I'm a McGregor fanboy, love the guy, tactics spot on......bit gutted Diaz didn't finish him in the 3rd tho, was on for £120 now he's even more of a fecking millionaire 

Screen Shot 2016-08-22 at 18.06.25.png

Diaz is an animal, he would have gone on all night but he lacks intelligence and the Mac exploited his only flaw, I liked when Mac knocked him down and didn't follow up on attacking him whilst on the floor, he would have lost :lol:

I did fear for Mac the longer the match went on, he was losing energy and repeatedly kept backing off or "resetting himself" as Mac called it.

25/1 isn't bad odds for that, the odds are shorter for LCFC to go down ;)

Yeah the first time he went down, if that was the first fight McGregor would have jumped on him, was a much more controlled fight and stuck to his gameplan, obviously knew Diaz would eat him up on the ground so stuck to his strengths and kept chopping that leg. Diaz would have gone on for another 5 rounds, like you say, animal, he's such an idiot tho, can barely string a sentence together and along with his brother they are both hard to take to. 

Can see McGregor going for the 155 title, defend it a couple of times, lose focus, find his way to Holywood like Ronda Rousey. If you can make money without taking a beating, be foolish not to.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

Ronda's stand up is hilarious... zero head movement and zero lessons learned, what the hell does Edmond Tarverdyan have on her!

Literally NONE. Other than when Nunes was assisting her. 

Just embarrassing to be honest, it wasn't even particularly difficult to avoid punches, simple 1-2, 1-2s

Apparently Edmond is in serious financial trouble aswell, it just got a lot worse now his cash cow just walked out, and all his other fighters keep losing too. 

• 2 weeks later...

BBC are reporting that Mayweather has made an offer of $15mil to McGregor for a boxing match:

Five-weight boxing world champion Floyd Mayweather has offered the UFC champion Conor McGregor $15m (£12.2m) to face him in the ring.

Mayweather retired unbeaten in 2015 but told ESPN a bout with Irishman McGregor - who has a boxing licence - was the only thing that could tempt him back.

"I'm a businessman and it makes business sense," the 39-year-old American said.

McGregor, 28, has previously said he wants $100m (£80m) to fight Mayweather.

Mayweather, who retired from boxing with a perfect 49-0 record after defeating Andre Berto in September 2015, said initial talks with McGregor's representatives had taken place.

"We tried to make the Conor McGregor fight," Mayweather said. "They know what my number is. My number is a guaranteed $100m. That was my number.

"We are willing to give him $15m and then we can talk about splitting the percentage - the back end - on the pay-per-view."

McGregor became the UFC's first dual-division champion in November and has previously challenged Mayweather to a fight under mixed martial arts rules.

His boxing licence has been granted by the California State Athletic Commission, allowing him to box in the US state.

However, he is under contract with the UFC and any potential fight against Mayweather would have to involve a co-promotion or the UFC's blessing.

I've not seen much of McGregor TBH, but I imagine Mayweather would win this fairly straightforward?

On 1/12/2017 at 13:28, mrdave85 said:

BBC are reporting that Mayweather has made an offer of $15mil to McGregor for a boxing match:

I've not seen much of McGregor TBH, but I imagine Mayweather would win this fairly straightforward?

Can't see it happening but if it did Mayweather would school McGregor.

Mayweather would absolutely paste him

they are hyping McGregors boxing skills to try to just make money off the mayweather name. Like when Rousey was supposedly a better boxer than mayweather. She couldnt box her way out of a paper bag 

• 1 month later...

Can we name this the UFC/MMA thread? Or should I start another one for that?

Seen that Bisping will fight GSP at UFC 209. Big money fight for Bisping, especially so late in his career but lots of people aren't happy that he's essentially avoiding the 1, 2 and 3 ranked contenders. 

I understand their frustration, but Bisping would have to be crazy to turn down a fight with GSP where he a) makes more money than all the other fights combined, b) actually stands a better chance of winning.

Archived