James Wilson

Cam the Ram

12 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Very good player, would be happy with this addition. He puts 100% into every game, so hard that he threw up a number of times for Brighton. Type of strong mentality we need. Actually this could be our new tactic, throw up all over the opposition players. Would that count as violent conduct?

not seen enough of him, but what I have seen doesn't inspire me.

As for effort.... Connor Sammon anyone?

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

How much of him have you seen live to form such an opinion?

Seen enough of him (not live granted) to form the opinion that FOR THIS SEASON there are many many better options out there.... all being permanent. 1 goal every 5 games ratio last season at brighton tells a story.

Much rather see us look to use the youngsters already here than take any on loan, until you throw them in you'll never know if they will cut it, not saying Zanzala, Vernom or Cresswell could have the same impact as a Rashford but I'd rather I had the chance to find out.

If Jordan Ibe is a Liverpool reject and worth 15million .. I suggest Mr Wilson might be considered a similar rank .. So if the terms are right as a loan then it's worth a shot .. .. Keen young pacy hungry and wouldn't be at United aged 20 if he didn't have a touch. His Brighton record doesn't mean much in what was a tight knit squad playing a certain way.  Interesting and different 

33 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Seen enough of him (not live granted) to form the opinion that FOR THIS SEASON there are many many better options out there.... all being permanent. 1 goal every 5 games ratio last season at brighton tells a story.

It doesn't tell the full story. Based on minutes on the pitch then his games per goal ratio is 2.6 which over a full season equates to 18.

Could do worse, would be relatively risk free unlike someone like Wells who would end up being a club record signing.

Its a strange one. You don't stay at United at his age unless you're rated, but if Brighton rated him they'd surely have been after him again?

21 minutes ago, jono said:

and wouldn't be at United aged 20 if he didn't have a touch.

6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

You don't stay at United at his age unless you're rated, 

Hmmmmm

Phil Neville!!!!!!

Or seriously, Nick Powell as a more recent example

Just now, Rich84 said:

Hmmmmm

Phil Neville!!!!!!

Or seriously, Nick Powell as a more recent example

Phil Neville was a good PL player for his whole career. Powell is obviously talented but had attitude problems, he was sent back by Leicester.

But they do rate him, whether he's good enough or not is another question. They didn't seem to rate Pogba 4 years ago... But if he is available on loan, I'd question why  Brighton haven't been at least linked. Couldn't have been too impressed as they've lost Wilson and Zamora and off the top of my mind I can't think of any strikers they've added.

Archived