DeAndre Yedlin - Signed for Newcastle

BuckoBeast

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, DCFC4LIFE said:

Would rather the deal be permanent 

I was hoping if our interest were true it would be a loan maybe with a view to a permanent purely because of FFP. I don't think it's a position that needs immediate attention so appears a bit of a luxury signing when i'd rather we spent 'real' money on some quality wingers.

Maybe Christie is off.

28 minutes ago, LauraH said:

I don't know if i trust this tweeter but he has a decent following - 

Not really. He mentioned Sunderland then quickly tweeted change the Sunderland to Spurs lol. 

25 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

Like Christie he is reportedly better at attack that defence so not really a different alternative.

If he was good at defending and attacking he wouldn't be available.

Baird was our alternative and everyone moaned he couldn't attack!

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

If he was good at defending and attacking he wouldn't be available.

Baird was our alternative and everyone moaned he couldn't attack!

This!

Everyone moans if we get a full back who can't attack, everybody moans if we get a full back that can't defend, everyone moans if we get a full back that is only adequate at both. 

Everyone forget's we are a Championship club, not a Champions League one. 

13 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think we have been waiting to get the magic number from Burnley for Hendrick and they have now gone else where.

Even if Burnley had offered a maximum of 6.5 mil, I would have snapped their hands off. We will never see anything close to that amount again.

What was last offer? 6.5m or 7m? Agree entirely.... can see him go for a couple of mill in couple of years

3 hours ago, DCFC4LIFE said:

Would rather the deal be permanent 

No bloody thanks.

'Buy Before We Try' has landed us with enough duds recently, I'd happily go back to having 2-3 six month / season loans in our squad who we're not obliged to keep, even if it does risk the situation we faced with Jordan Ibe.

That said, we didn't have the common sense to send Bent & Ince back whence they came, so we're probably doomed to waste our time and money either way.

4 hours ago, LauraH said:

I don't know if i trust this tweeter but he has a decent following - 

Good spot. Loan is ideal He was great in the World Cup but you should never buy off a tounament, as it looks as if Spurs discovered. But absolutely lightning quick.

Twitter guy also says De Laet to Villa and Bridcutt to Leeds, two players we've been linked with at different times.

That agent dave linked Wolves with Crouch, Nugent and a second bid for Martin all within 3 days. All said Wolves were buying that guy from Benfica then Liverpool were buying him then Liverpool were buying him and loaning to Wolves then Wolves were buying him, all within 3 hours :lol:

Archived