Animal Cruelty

Sith Happens

Sith Happens

These two stories on the telegraph site appaul me that any human being could carry them out:

First a cat beaten to death

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derbyshire-family-cat-dies-after-being-tied-tied-up-and-beaten/story-29612917-detail/story.html

Then pet rabbits having their legs broken and having to be put to sleep

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/mystery-after-derbyshire-rabbits-found-with-broken-legs/story-29596742-detail/story.html

Hopefully they will catch those responsible and punish them, though i doubt the punishment will be harsh enough. Absolute scum no other word for them.

Probably kids whos parents will argue are bored because there is nothing for them to do.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
8 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

I saw the link and couldn't bring my self to click on it. I think we are still some way down the evolution scale before we reach enlightenment as sentient beings.

I agree with you, well, some of us at least are a long way down the scale.

A few years ago I was driving through Newark and saw this guy on a bike dragging a dog behind him .The lead was that short the poor dogs neck was being stretched.

I pulled in in front of him and told him to get off and walk with the dog, and I would drive round the block a few times to make sure he did .Also if he failed to comply he would be tied to the back of my car to see how it felt . 

Animals and children are so reliant on adults I absolutely detest any form of abuse ,bullying of the worst sort.

8 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

A few years ago I was driving through Newark and saw this guy on a bike dragging a dog behind him .The lead was that short the poor dogs neck was being stretched.

I pulled in in front of him and told him to get off and walk with the dog, and I would drive round the block a few times to make sure he did .Also if he failed to comply he would be tied to the back of my car to see how it felt . 

Animals and children are so reliant on adults I absolutely detest any form of abuse ,bullying of the worst sort.

Fair play to you sir , i'd have reported him to RSPCA..

6 minutes ago, mozza said:

Fair play to you sir , i'd have reported him to RSPCA..

Probably the right thing to do ,but not my town didn't know where he lived just seemed right to offer a bit if what he was doing to the dog .Just hope the dog didn't pay for it later.

6 hours ago, Paul71 said:

These two stories on the telegraph site appaul me that any human being could carry them out:

First a cat beaten to death

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derbyshire-family-cat-dies-after-being-tied-tied-up-and-beaten/story-29612917-detail/story.html

Then pet rabbits having their legs broken and having to be put to sleep

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/mystery-after-derbyshire-rabbits-found-with-broken-legs/story-29596742-detail/story.html

Hopefully they will catch those responsible and punish them, though i doubt the punishment will be harsh enough. Absolute scum no other word for them.

Probably kids whos parents will argue are bored because there is nothing for them to do.

Wise up, there's worse atrocities that human beings are inflicting on fellow human beings

3 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Wise up, there's worse atrocities that human beings are inflicting on fellow human beings

Whilst you are no doubt correct, there is still no excuse to ill-treat any animal.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

Whilst you are no doubt correct, there is still no excuse to ill-treat any animal.

Agreed but we first need to teach people to behave appropriately towards fellow human beings before we can attempt to teach us how to behave towards animals

12 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Wise up? What a repugnant comment.

So we should just ignore these sorts of things? The well being of animals should just be completely written off because they're less adapted to modern life than we are? 

Having disgust in cruelty and torture toward animals doesn't mean you're somehow condoning atrocities towards other human beings. 

Jesus wept. 

I read and hear stories all the time of animal cruelty and it just really pisses me off and upsets me also. Stories of people starving their animals, beating them, leaving them in a hot car with the windows up while they go inside to eat somewhere, etc. Just no sense to it; if cannot take care of an animal take them to the local humane society or animal shelter so at least they have a chance to get adopted by people who will treat them and take care of them as they are supposed to be taken care of.

If I ever heard or seen someone abusing my animals or others, would be hell to pay.

12 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Agreed but we first need to teach people to behave appropriately towards fellow human beings before we can attempt to teach us how to behave towards animals

Great logic.

Let's maybe make rape legal too until we've fully addressed people murdering each other?

Animal Cruely is an abhorrent crime. It's illegal for good reason. This is not somehow invalidated by the existence of more heinous crimes.

3 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

Great logic.

Let's maybe make rape legal too until we've fully addressed people murdering each other?

Animal Cruely is an abhorrent crime. It's illegal for good reason. This is not somehow invalidated by the existence of more heinous crimes.

Why can't you just accept my original statement that there are worst atrocities being carried out by human beings against human beings. 

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

Why can't you just accept my original statement that there are worst atrocities being carried out by human beings against human beings. 

Because you told @Paul71 to 'Wise up', suggesting he's naive and his condemnation of animal cruelty is somehow invalidated because worse atrocities exist. It was an idiotic statement.

Just now, wixman1884 said:

Because you told @Paul71 to 'Wise up', suggesting he's naive and his condemnation of animal cruelty is somehow invalidated because worse atrocities exist. It was an idiotic statement.

Why don't you say "in my opinion" the statement suggested all of the above instead of stating your opinion as an absolute fact. 

19 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I completely disagree. Humans do their worst to other humans and animals too. Cruelty to animals is just as bad as cruelty against humans. Although there are humans that have deserved pretty rough treatment while animals tend not to evil.

35 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Why don't you say "in my opinion" the statement suggested all of the above instead of stating your opinion as an absolute fact. 

Because there's no other interpretation. Why on earth should he 'Wise up' then if my fairly literal interpretation is so off the mark?

Archived