Barnsley vs Derby County

Warren Hobhead

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bowls77 said:

Don't think Martin is NP's cup of tea.... but I think him with Ince behind him, would work well. Both clever players and could be Ince's best position..

I don't think Bent is the answer..... shocking!

And never been a big fan of Blackman, BUT he looked a threat Tuesday (albeit against Grimsby). Direct and not afraid to take players on. Got some skills....

My XI

Carson, Christie, Shackell, Keogh, Fozzie, Bryson, Hughes, Butterfield, Russell, Ince, Martin

COYR !

I would go with that:-) 

I've heard that there's a Wetherspoons, Joseph Brahma or something, that accommodates away fans. About 10 min walk from the ground...  if I remember rightly, when we took 6k a few years ago, they wouldn't let any more in the leisure centre... so at least there's another option...

13 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Great matchthread from @Warren Hobhead. Sadly I think Pearson is a stubborn bugger so this will be the team, again without Hughes, Martin or Ruussell starting. Butterfield's a huge improvement on Johnson and of course has played his way into the starting 11 if he's now fit enough, but a teamsheet without Will Hughes is a very much weakened Derby teamsheet. And without Martin we're bound to find it harder to score.

As for Barnsley's Rams, Lewin Nyatanga (who I believe beat Gareth Bale to the Wales Young Player of the Year Award while he was with us) has gone out on loan back to league One.

Would you really be starting Russell anyway:o

3 minutes ago, WharfedaleRam said:

Dove Inn on Doncaster Road. Really accommodating for away fans when we were there 2 seasons ago and only 10-15 mins from the ground. Good beer too!

That's the area I park in. It's quick to get away. About 50m from the working mens club. 

14 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Great matchthread from @Warren Hobhead. Sadly I think Pearson is a stubborn bugger so this will be the team, again without Hughes, Martin or Ruussell starting. Butterfield's a huge improvement on Johnson and of course has played his way into the starting 11 if he's now fit enough, but a teamsheet without Will Hughes is a very much weakened Derby teamsheet. And without Martin we're bound to find it harder to score.

As for Barnsley's Rams, Lewin Nyatanga (who I believe beat Gareth Bale to the Wales Young Player of the Year Award while he was with us) has gone out on loan back to league One.

Lewin was also the youngest ever player for Wales, for a few months, then it was beaten by Bale.

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Top man. 

There a fair few away fans in there pal?

Yes. A good mix. I think Landlord put on some scram for everyone just before we got there and it went very quickly. There were two bars I seem to recall, with lagers only at one and ales only at the other. We went back there after the game and the boss man was talking to a few Derby fans about a new beer he'd put on for them to try and how much time they had before setting off for the station. Thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience (and the result!). Can't wait to repeat the whole process tomorrow!

Archived