Chris Martin - Signed for Fulham

Animal is a Ram

It's so easy to pick names from other teams who would fit 'perfectly' into NP's team, and overlook one of our best performers over recent years who consistently scores goals for us. Also can't believe the people who are more than happy to keep all these new arrivals who haven't proved anything in a Derby shirt.

Oh, and those questioning his attitude and arrogance seen to forget who signed the bloke. Clough was/is a manager who holds a players attitude and ability to fit into a team a high prority

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, sage said:

That's not the greatest defence,

I understand how he may not suit the 4411 but again how can you judge he is desperately unfit?

I answered that. "There was a moment against Grimsby where he tried to stretch to nod in a header and it looked Sunday league fitness levels." He looked heavy, sluggish and stiff. He was either unfit, injured or both.

1 minute ago, Palimpsest said:

I answered that. "There was a moment against Grimsby where he tried to stretch to nod in a header and it looked Sunday league fitness levels." He looked heavy, sluggish and stiff. He was either unfit, injured or both.

Ah a moment against Grimsby,

Sorry. 

16 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

MEGA LOLZ @ THE EXPERTS WHO WANT MARTIN OUT FOR BEING LAZY BUT WANT BAMFORD TO REPLACE HIM!

OH THE IRONY AND IGNORANCE!! :lol: 

Never seen a player put in as little effort in almost every 10 yard pass as Bamford did when he was here.

6 minutes ago, cannable said:

Bruce proved that 532 is the way out of this league… 

Karanka proved that grinding wins in a 4231 is the way out of this league… 

Howe proved that a controlling 442 is the way out of this league…

Pearson showed that a counter attacking 442 is the way out of this league…

THERE IS NO MAGIC FORMULA!

Agreed but as you say yourself a counter attacking 442 is Pearsons way out of this league so we need to get used to the idea that is how he is going to look to play regardless how well our players are suited to a 433

Just now, Cool As Custard said:

Agreed but as you say yourself a counter attacking 442 is Pearsons way out of this league so we need to get used to the idea that is how he is going to look to play regardless how well our players are suited to a 433

This coming five our so months after being sold the idea of each manager coming in to improve the team, rather than upheaval after every appointment.

Just now, ramLAD said:

It's so easy to pick names from other teams who would fit 'perfectly' into NP's team, and overlook one of our best performers over recent years who consistently scores goals for us. Also can't believe the people who are more than happy to keep all these new arrivals who haven't proved anything in a Derby shirt.

Oh, and those questioning his attitude and arrogance seen to forget who signed the bloke. Clough was/is a manager who holds a players attitude and ability to fit into a team a high prority

I can not speak for everyone but I believe that most people would be glad to see the back of some of the recent arrivals who have not performed,,,but the reality is that those arrivals are not attracting bids it is established players who are getting attention.

For me martin has lost a little of his edge when he sustained his injury in steve macs last season, still a good player but not at the level he was, The challenge is to find his replacement should he leave.

Darren bent, blackman are not the answer.

Who is? I will leave that to the manager and scouts.

3 minutes ago, sage said:

Ah a moment against Grimsby,

Sorry. 

As we all know, football's unpredictable. He may come back sharp after a few games. I'm still holding out hope that Bent will be deadly if he gets 10 games to get into his stride, and if anything I'd rather gamble on that than gamble on Martin giving it his all to get fit and fully apply himself in games for Pearson.

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Uk football. 

Forget the ability you have with the ball in your feet. It's about how fast you can run and how far you can run. 

No wonder the PL Is full of foreigners.

:huh: Thinks it's the other way around mate, traditionally England have picked players on pace and athleticism, foreigners don't

EDIT: I think I've misinterpreted your post

Nice opening bid, at least its more sensible than the one from Burnley...

Not sure how I feel about this tbh, Martin has been an integral part of our squad for years now but we do look as though we can only play one way with him.  Maybe Pearson can get him to work in a different formation however?

I guess I'd like to either see him remain or a better replacement bought in for similar money - whereas a couple of seasons ago I'd have been horrified at the thought of him leaving.

Hendrick going... staying.... Russell being chased by everyone for a fiver.... keogh definately going.... wait he signed new deal.... bid for forestieri.... we p**s Wednesday off and they ask for ince and hendrick.... we bid for wells but get quoted 50m... pearson says offers have been made for players.... wolves take the p**s with derisory offer for our main man for goals.... 

But still no significant ins or outs.... this window is really really pissing me off

Just now, satty atwal said:

Hendrick going... staying.... Russell being chased by everyone for a fiver.... keogh definately going.... wait he signed new deal.... bid for forestieri.... we p**s Wednesday off and they ask for ince and hendrick.... we bid for wells but get quoted 50m... pearson says offers have been made for players.... wolves take the p**s with derisory offer for our main man for goals.... 

But still no significant ins or outs.... this window is really really pissing me off

Too right. 

Its getting silly now. 

23 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

MEGA LOLZ @ THE EXPERTS WHO WANT MARTIN OUT FOR BEING LAZY BUT WANT BAMFORD TO REPLACE HIM!

OH THE IRONY AND IGNORANCE!! :lol: 

Would score as many goals as Martin and would cost us half to a third what we would receive for Martin. It would be fantastic business. That's what you want when you sell your better players. To not just cash in but to replace the loss of such a player. Bamford is a goalscorer. 

13 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

As we all know, football's unpredictable. He may come back sharp after a few games. I'm still holding out hope that Bent will be deadly if he gets 10 games to get into his stride, and if anything I'd rather gamble on that than gamble on Martin giving it his all to get fit and fully apply himself in games for Pearson.

I'd rather gamble on the guy who is 5 years younger and scored 60 goals and numerous assists in the past three seasons...seems better odds to me.

8 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

As I mentioned in another thread…

…why do players who expect the ball to feet get hounded for being lazy and not applying themselves? 

Archived